New song written/perfomed/mixed by myself.

CMolena

Hi, guys!

I recorded some songs a while ago, but I will use them in a near future for a soundcloud portfolio for my mixing/recording services.
This is one of 'em. So, I want your opinions...every last critic will be heard, with no hard feelings. The lyrics are kinda lame, but I could care less.

Thanks in advance for everyone. :guitar::guitar::guitar:

[MP3]View attachment The Way You Stared At Me(4).mp3[/MP3]

The song sounds cool i liked it. The mixing seems well balanced for most parts except maybe for the vocals that sounds a little too quiet to me but again if your "lyrics are kinda lame" that might just be the good think to do heh. Guitars lack clarity to me but again im a guitarist and i like my guitars to pop around all day long so that might just be me.

The kick bass isn't solid enough and doesn't hold the somg
The vocals is indeed in the back, also maybe a big reverb to swallow the out of pitch vocals , and add a vibe to the vocals

Drums sound pretty good. They have some good air and room in them. Guitars don't sound terrible. A little "clangy" for my taste, but its not my song. Acoustic sounds pretty good.

Vocals are a little too far back. And the muffled one sounds bad. I know your going for effect, but its hard to make it out and it just doesn't sound good in my opinion. Maybe try the opposite...instead of muffled low frequencies, make it all high frequencies or even all mid(like telephone)...

I rather liked the sound of this CMolena. I liked the "real" sounding kit, although the realness was spoilt a bit by having unnaturally wide-panned toms. I would bring them in quite a bit.

There are quite bad timing issues in the drums - don't get me wrong, I'm all for a little shambolic looseness in drums if the song is helped by it, rather like the Black Keys' drums. But parts of this song need a bit more drumming practice because they're too bad. :D. I know it's a fine line between getting a drum track with an endearingly loose feel and getting "too good" so that it loses some of its charm, but I think it's worth a go.

The special effect vocal doesn't quite work, as Bruthish mentioned. His suggestions for eq-ing them differently sound good to me.

Lots of the elements of this piece were really good and I like the overall sound very much, but parts of it need work. Good stuff. :)

Yes, those vocs beginning at the 1 min mark are the worst part of the song for me. The bass and kick sound sort of swallowed and melded to me. But on the whole, I like the timbre of the recording, esp just the voice and guitar setions.

Back