New Song - Windmill

Good tune Nola..
The lead guitar kind of sounded like a harmonica. What effect is on it? One note during the lead break seemed to be warbling with another note that was close...kind if like when tuning a guitar and the fretted string and the open string are barely off. I liked the vocal but it seemed a tad low for your voice. Seemed like you were struggling to hit some of the lower notes.
Good job man!

Good tune Nola..
The lead guitar kind of sounded like a harmonica. What effect is on it? One note during the lead break seemed to be warbling with another note that was close...kind if like when tuning a guitar and the fretted string and the open string are barely off. I liked the vocal but it seemed a tad low for your voice. Seemed like you were struggling to hit some of the lower notes.
Good job man!

Hey thanks, Jimi. The effect on the guitar is simply a handmade Big Muff (Ram clone), and I think maybe tremolo from the amp itself. Those warbling notes are just how I hear sounds and are intentional -- I like dissonance/tension b/c to me it adds passion or grit to a song. But thanks for pointing them out in case they weren't!

Yeah the vocal range was a bit low, and I think you're right on that. I could try to pitch correct it for the final mix. I appreciate your thoughts on it.

Sorry I'm a little late to the party on this one. Interesting tune though, Nola.

I, too, think there should be another background vocal take panned left, it would be huge in a good way I think. It's not necessarily distracting, but another vocal panned hard left would take it to another level I think.

Instrumentation is good, maybe needs a few more subtle fills with the drums for some excitement. There's plenty of room, and I'm hearing little fills in my head all over the place... The kick does sound very nice, very audible and smooth, almost slightly boingy but in a very nice way.

The bass seems like some extreme lows could still be rolled off, and maybe giving it a small mid boost somewhere would add more flavor and attitude. Great little song, I think it just needs a little, what I call "salt and pepper" to give it more life (for lack of a better word)

Nice job writing, as always. :)

Great feedback, thanks, Johnny. I was thinking about adding some more drum embellishments, too.

Back