New Song - West Texas Girl

Big improvement. Just thinning and lowering the levels on the guitars opened up space for the vocal. The vocal take is much better. I'm not noticing awkward spots like before. Good work.

Hey Chili,

Big Sound....Great Texas Country vibe

The Vox IMO should be up....I also would add some female VOX in this someway, somehow......I would definitely add the a small choir of female VOX toward the end of the song singing the Chorus "Don't go messing with a West Texas girl"....

I can also hear a Shania Twain type of "talking/singing some ad libs at the end"

Bad ass song. I'd like to hear a little more low end on the bass and kick. It sounds like the vocals were hi passed a little too far and you could add a touch more reverb to them as well. I think if you added a little delay to the solo it would sound cool too and mesh a little better.

Big improvement. Just thinning and lowering the levels on the guitars opened up space for the vocal. The vocal take is much better. I'm not noticing awkward spots like before. Good work.

Cool thanks for re-listening!!

Hey Chili,

Big Sound....Great Texas Country vibe

The Vox IMO should be up....I also would add some female VOX in this someway, somehow......I would definitely add the a small choir of female VOX toward the end of the song singing the Chorus "Don't go messing with a West Texas girl"....

I can also hear a Shania Twain type of "talking/singing some ad libs at the end"

I really like the suggestion of adding the female tracks. It's something I might be able to do. My neighbor is a great singer, but just a tad too much of a flake to be reliable enough to come over and record a few tracks. Cie la vie...

Bad ass song. I'd like to hear a little more low end on the bass and kick. It sounds like the vocals were hi passed a little too far and you could add a touch more reverb to them as well. I think if you added a little delay to the solo it would sound cool too and mesh a little better.

I'm a recovering reverb-a-holic. It actually has plenty of reverb in there. If I dial in any more, it'll start to sound cheezy. I love cheese, but not in my songs.... lol. Thanks for the listen and suggestion. Glad you liked the song. I'll revisit the low end at a later time. I'm putting this song to bed for now.

Back