New Song - Hanging On

I just got through listening to original 1st mix. I think it's a great song with a catchy melody and progression. very good playing all the way around. yeah, the bass is all total low end under 100 hz it sounds like. very nice bass playing on this song. I won't comment on what the bass may need since you've already addressed it. like has been said the cymbals are pretty hot in the mix. I think it's a great song and performance and I will listen to your other mix before making any more suggestions.
good job!

I just listened to #3. Everybody pretty much covered what was going on. Good advice all around.
So I'll just say:
Good tune Gerry. Nice collaboration! Getting this stuff together is the fun part, right???

I just got through listening to original 1st mix. I think it's a great song with a catchy melody and progression. very good playing all the way around. yeah, the bass is all total low end under 100 hz it sounds like. very nice bass playing on this song. I won't comment on what the bass may need since you've already addressed it. like has been said the cymbals are pretty hot in the mix. I think it's a great song and performance and I will listen to your other mix before making any more suggestions.
good job!

I just listened to #3. Everybody pretty much covered what was going on. Good advice all around.
So I'll just say:
Good tune Gerry. Nice collaboration! Getting this stuff together is the fun part, right???

Thanks Jimi and Ken I'm back to work tomorrow after a long weekend and it's looking like a busy week so I will try to get on all the suggestions by next weekend.

Listening to mix #3...

I think that this is the best mix that I've heard from you yet. It's rich, things fit together nicely. You could turn the drum overheads down just a little, or if you've put a high shelf boost on them you could either get rid of it or turn down the gain a bit. They sound just a little crispy. Not a deal-breaker, but maybe something to experiment with.

Nice song too, short and sweet.

it IS catchy !! :D

nice feel,great guitar sound and playing all round,gels really well :)

if i had to nit pick (which i don't wanna im enjoying listening to much :D ) id say it was drums,they sound like there in a different room

naughty reverb nation makes you download it again instead of playing from the cache !

edit:- i bet you kick ass live :D

Listening to mix #3...

I think that this is the best mix that I've heard from you yet. It's rich, things fit together nicely. You could turn the drum overheads down just a little, or if you've put a high shelf boost on them you could either get rid of it or turn down the gain a bit. They sound just a little crispy. Not a deal-breaker, but maybe something to experiment with.

Nice song too, short and sweet.

it IS catchy !! :D
nice feel,great guitar sound and playing all round,gels really well :)
if i had to nit pick (which i don't wanna im enjoying listening to much :D ) id say it was drums,they sound like there in a different room
naughty reverb nation makes you download it again instead of playing from the cache !
edit:- i bet you kick ass live :D

Thanks guys - we'll be adjusting the drums as per Jason's recommendations.

I listened to mix #3. I really like the lead guitar. I thought the drums sounded pretty good too. I like the feel of the song.

I thought the vocal was a little boxy sounding. Maybe a cut somewhere around 600hz-800hz.

Dang that lead guitar sounds good.

Bass is a bit loud. It's really rumbly too. I think it needs some low-lows rolled off. Maybe a notch cut somewhere around 120hz as well.

THe backing vocal going 'ohhhh" is pretty soft. I think you bring up the rhythm guitars too.

I like the reverb on this. I almost never say that.

Thanks TripleM - the lead is done with my Les Paul Black Beauty through Mike's JVM210. A definite match those two :)

Back