New Song - The Burn of Love

DM60

Hi all, not sure if I am ready but I have to start the learning curve somewhere. Here is a tune I like and think it sounds correct. Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for listening.

I think you're ready - you put this on soundcloud like 7 months ago...no need to wait so long ;) :).

Interesting melodies and rhythms on this one. The vocal performances are pretty slick.

I felt to me like there was a build up in the high mids somewhere with the overall mix (mostly the layered vocals?) that gave it a slight air of harshness. Maybe just me though. I wished that it had more percussion, but it's a pretty mellow piece, so probably ok as is arrangement-wise.

I think you're ready - you put this on soundcloud like 7 months ago...no need to wait so long ;) :).

Interesting melodies and rhythms on this one. The vocal performances are pretty slick.

I felt to me like there was a build up in the high mids somewhere with the overall mix (mostly the layered vocals?) that gave it a slight air of harshness. Maybe just me though. I wished that it had more percussion, but it's a pretty mellow piece, so probably ok as is arrangement-wise.

Thanks, yes I can hear that as well, not sure where to maybe tame that maybe EQ between 1K and 2K, I understand in that range for voice there are some resonances that usually need to be worked on. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the response. Really appreciate it.

Aren't they. Sometimes it almost sounds like the vocal melody is backwards. Lovely harmonies!

There is nothing I don't like about this at all. It's different, unique, eclectic and really f***in' good!

Thanks for sharing it! :thumbs up:

Aren't they. Sometimes it almost sounds like the vocal melody is backwards. Lovely harmonies!

There is nothing I don't like about this at all. It's different, unique, eclectic and really f***in' good!

Thanks for sharing it! :thumbs up:

I want to say thank you as this is what I aim at in all of my music. Good meaningful lyrics, different but not so odd people think I am from mars. My setup is much like yours, I am trying to keep it lean, relevant and not get too much bogged down into technology. The most I used on that song is just simple voice layering.

I also want to demonstrate to young creators out there, it doesn't take much. Good mic, decent computer, $100 interface, some software (I am using Ableton here, but there is nothing I ma doing that couldn't be done in Reaper) and it is time to create something.

Thank you very much for your feedback.

David

You're welcome, credit where credit is due I say. :thumbs up:

I'm just listening through your other songs on SC. Really like what I'm hearing :D

You're welcome, credit where credit is due I say. :thumbs up:

I'm just listening through your other songs on SC. Really like what I'm hearing :D

Thanks, I had to go over and listen to your sounds. I really like your vocals, has a Ray Davies sound. Pretty fun stuff.

Hi all, not sure if I am ready but I have to start the learning curve somewhere. Here is a tune I like and think it sounds correct. Your feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for listening.[/QUOT

Well your "thinking" is correct cause this is a very professional work of art !!!

Back