New Song--Any Thoughts?--

There's a lot of pick and mouth noise.

Normally, I'd recommend editing to deal with that kind of thing, but with as soft as this, it's probably better addressed in tracking. What mics are you using?

To me the reverb is not right for this song. Sounds like you're playing alone in a high school gym. And the listener is on the other side.

Fret squeaks were a bit loud. Seems like some other background noise. Was there a chair squeaking near the end?

Lots of hiss.

Guitar has a string out of tune.

I really like it. The reverb is unnatural relative to the guitar, but personally I like that. Do not change it.

You should probably comment on other peoples' songs. I've seen you around here a lot and never see you comment. Personally I don't care and will comment on anything I can help out with, but I know others do care, and that's probably why you keep getting ignored.

I like the reverb effect, it gives the song a mood. But I think the guitar should be louder and I'd be interested to hear how you miced it. Also the background vocals should be louder although it sounds like someone is pitchy. The song reminds me a little of Nick Drake.

Back