New Song

Man, when those drums kick in.... it sounds great! They introduced themselves nicely.

I like your snare sound. It seems like the electric guitar on the left was not in tune with the rest of the instruments when that one chord was played around 3:00. The wongo part was only noticeable to me because people pointed it out. I honestly don't think I would have noticed if no one said anything.

I really like this. :)

Sorry it took so long to respond. Took the family to Cancun for the week. Maybe the resort had internet, idk, I never checked. Didn't even bring my laptop. It was great.... <sigh>

Thanks for the comments, CofF. After tracking the guitar, I thought the same about the tuning, but I checked it and the guitar was in tune. I had a chorus on it and that might have caused some filtering or dissonance. Not sure.

Glad to hear the snare works. I think the quick tweak in v2 helped a lot.

Hey Dave, great to hear something of yours. Very very sweet, those acoustics at the beginning....full bodied, well tracked. Took me a couple listens to settle into the vox but I'm really warming up to the weariness...fits the mood. This is not a very happy song is it? It's beautiful out man, step away from the tequila bottle and get out of that dusty dive bar while you still have all your teeth! I hear the left git thing that CoF mentioned- it's a little flat around and after the 3 minute mark. Low in the mix though and not too noticeable (to me at least). Heaps of guitar. Sometimes a little swimmy with multiple guitars playing the same part, but overall a real effective song. Good job.

It's not the kind of song that would get played at a political rally, that's for sure. Speaking of dive-bars, probably the most notorious is Freddy's Anchor bar in Port Everglades, Fort Lauderdale. I used to frequent that place in the 80's, I wonder if it is still there. Probably the same crowd still hangin there.

I gave the song a week without hearing it and now I'm thinking of redoing the vox.

Thanks so much for the comments.

Never a good way to start a sentence! :D

<smirk>

I always like Chili's tunes. Simply for the fact he put's thought into his lyrics. Not that everyone doesn't. Obviously one has to think to come up with lyrics.

It would more to the point to state his lyrics always seem to have substance to me.

I like this song.

The lyrics are a little weak in spots. Almost forced rather than flowing.

The guit on the right sounds hot to me? not sure if it was intentional? And also at 2:58 - 3:00 Almost sounds like some tuning issues or maybe some string bending issues?? And again at 4:28 - 4-30

Your ezdrummer skills are getting friggin fantastic!!! I wish i could sit with you for an afternoon to see how you do it! IS that JUST exdrummer or have you added any plugins to them ? So interested to know.

Thanks Chili!!!!

Thanks so much, A-Bomb. I do try to put a lot of thought into the words. I'd like to work on the art of story-telling. Not so much for myself, I usually don't pay much attention to the lyrics in songs, but I know there are people out there who do pay attention to them, so I try to give them some substance.

I used the EZDrummer Americana pack on this song. It was my first time trying it out. It definitely sounds different and I wasn't crazy about it at first, but it does seem to fit the song, so I'm happy with that.

Thanks for listening. :)

Nice to hear something new from you Chili. This sounds a little different from what I've heard from you before. It made me think of Steve Earle in the style and air of world-weariness.

I don't think I can add anything on the critique to what's already been said by others, but it was an all round enjoyable listen.

Cool, glad you enjoyed the listen. I truly appreciate the comments. Steve Earl is a nice comparison, but maybe not accurate. :o I've been listening to his son Justin Townes Earl lately and enjoy that style. I'd like to try to put out more of this kind of music if I can.

Thanks again!!!

Good song, nice mix. My only suggestion would be to boost the vocal by 2 db. It will make the vocals a tad easier to understand. Other than that, it's a very polished mix. Well done.

Back