NEW SINGLE - ETERNAL (Looking for feedback)

dude7691

Hey guys :)

Got a new hip hop track out today, called "ETERNAL", which is the second track of my upcoming EP, "NULL AND VOID". It's a hip hop instrumental track with that makes a lot of use of saw synths and can function as a soundtrack by itself, and also makes use of some electronic elements. The release of this track will be followed up by the subsequent release of 2 more tracks over the coming 2 weeks. All feedback is very much appreciated and I would love to hear what you think of it!

ETERNAL by Will. B | Free Listening on SoundCloud

Cheers :)

Sounds pretty good. There's a lot of compression when those kicks come in, but I guess that's intentional?

What's the point of a hip-hop instrumental on an album tho? Will the goal be to eventually license it out or something?

I thought this sounded decent. Good balance of everything.

I thought the song just kind went on without going anywhere.

Hi VHS :)

Thank you! Yeah the idea was to make the kick the most dominant instrument in the mix, with the sub bass supporting it and taking precedent in the second half of each verse.

I mean hip hop will always be my favourite genre, and I'm a terrible rapper so I just release my instrumentals hopefully for lease yeah, this is part of a 4 track EP that's mostly just showcasing my production skills, like the next track is a really chill sort of lo fi thing, it's more of a showcase than an album :)

Thank you for your feedback, I checked your song you released as well (can't remember if I commented). Not really my type of music but that's irrelevant, I can see talent regardless, and I enjoyed the track! Your opinion on my stuff is very much valued, and I continue to be appreciative :)

Cheers

I thought this sounded decent. Good balance of everything.

I thought the song just kind went on without going anywhere.

Hey Triple,

Thank you very much for your comments. My mixing is definitely getting consistently better which is progress to me.

Yeah that tends to be the nature with hip hop unfortunately, but I think my sound selection with regards to that lead synth didn't offer me much room for high end development, as it took so much space; it's been rather controversial, some love it some hate it. I just wanted to make something with a raw saw synth (obviously processed), because I feel that sound has been taken out of hip hop for a long time and I wanted to do something old school, hence the choice of an old school sub bass rather than an 808 :P

Thank you for your feedback, it is massively appreciated :)

Like the Mix with the drums, but the groove needs some additional groove elements or some swing enhancements, since it feels too steady to my ears.

Back