new rough mix. my ear are dead and this thick mix is hard to judge!!!

Sounds very good IMO. Very nice levels, great tones overall, and very smooth mix. You're light years better at this than I am.

One nitpicky thing does stick out to me about the playing though, the sliding sound of the fingers on strings is a tad loud. Have to ask if it's worth the effect of the slide vs. hammer on w/no squeak.

the pan from right to center feels rushed an pointless cause it comes in so quick. I like the tone of the acoustic. the mix sounds lopsided in balance though. The cymbols sound miles away from the snare and the rest of the mix I'd balance the piano and acoustic on the other side piano on left guitar on right I like the tracks it's very well tracked. I'd bring the strings up more after the solo.

second listen

the repative solo electric guitar lick "duh dah" comes in way to early in the song bring it in after the acoustics get going build your layers up and introduce them to your audience slower don't worry about movment in your mix till you get the elements in line. pan automation has to go with eq automation I normally slow my mix to 1/2 speed and double check when doing any moving pans, but thats a pro tools only trick I think, also the sqeeky strings use elixers or spray it's a tad distracting

Nice tune, man!
I can imagine where you're going with this one. I think the acoustics sound great and I don't mind the squeeks..... Everything's tightly played and it sounds very solid. Mix is quite compressed though, it's almost pumping too much, but it still sounds great. Have you got the vocal melody yet? This needs a Creed or Alter Bridge kind of vocal IMHO....
Very nice, can't wait to hear it finished!

Joe:):):):)

Good sounding mix! Very nice distorted guitar tone though and your playing is really tight throughout.
Just a few things jump out, most have already been mentioned...

String noise is quite prominent in the intro. I'm not a guitarist so I have no knowledge about this, but it just jumps out a bit.

When everything kicks in around 1:38 it sounds a bit compressed. Pumping a bit.
There's also a strange crackle at 1:39-ish.

The drum fill leading up to 4:12 seems a wee bit awkward. Doesn't quite sit with the other parts.

Other than that, I like :)

Sounds very good IMO. Very nice levels, great tones overall, and very smooth mix. You're light years better at this than I am.

One nitpicky thing does stick out to me about the playing though, the sliding sound of the fingers on strings is a tad loud. Have to ask if it's worth the effect of the slide vs. hammer on w/no squeak.

thanks for the kind words, ill re track guitars with my friends guitar its a bit warmer and i find i get a lot less string noise out of it.

the pan from right to center feels rushed an pointless cause it comes in so quick. I like the tone of the acoustic. the mix sounds lopsided in balance though. The cymbols sound miles away from the snare and the rest of the mix I'd balance the piano and acoustic on the other side piano on left guitar on right I like the tracks it's very well tracked. I'd bring the strings up more after the solo.

second listen

the repative solo electric guitar lick "duh dah" comes in way to early in the song bring it in after the acoustics get going build your layers up and introduce them to your audience slower don't worry about movment in your mix till you get the elements in line. pan automation has to go with eq automation I normally slow my mix to 1/2 speed and double check when doing any moving pans, but thats a pro tools only trick I think, also the sqeeky strings use elixers or spray it's a tad distracting

actually i was using elixers haha i think it was mic placement when i retrack ill try some diff stuff see if i can the the strings to be less squeezy when i slide. also thanks for taking so much time to write as much as you did. i think its gunna help me a lot. i brought the cymbals up a touch and the snare down bit. im hoping i can get more of the over head mic in there to help the snare sit better.
i took some parts out at first and i had the "ba duuuuuh" on the lead come in later. also paned the guitar/piano so one sits left one sits right, not 100% but around 70% or so. sounds better.

Nice tune, man!
I can imagine where you're going with this one. I think the acoustics sound great and I don't mind the squeeks..... Everything's tightly played and it sounds very solid. Mix is quite compressed though, it's almost pumping too much, but it still sounds great. Have you got the vocal melody yet? This needs a Creed or Alter Bridge kind of vocal IMHO....
Very nice, can't wait to hear it finished!

Joe:):):):)

Thanks joe!
its funny you say Creed or Alter bridge cuz teh vocals sound NOTHING like that hahaha. its always cool to hear peoples take on it and know how they see it cuz its almost always different than how i see things lol. the vocals can be found in the Take Me track. the first one there. its actually going to be be sung be me for the first vers and a female for the second vers. and together in the chorus. ill post a link when its done. hope you like it hahaha

Thanks joe!
its funny you say Creed or Alter bridge cuz teh vocals sound NOTHING like that hahaha. its always cool to hear peoples take on it and know how they see it cuz its almost always different than how i see things lol. the vocals can be found in the Take Me track. the first one there. its actually going to be be sung be me for the first vers and a female for the second vers. and together in the chorus. ill post a link when its done. hope you like it hahaha

Well, you know how it is....a tune paints a picture in your mind and everyone has his own way of viewing it. That's the beauty of music, the possibilities are endless...I'm sure you're gonna make a great job out of it! ;)

Good sounding mix! Very nice distorted guitar tone though and your playing is really tight throughout.
Just a few things jump out, most have already been mentioned...

String noise is quite prominent in the intro. I'm not a guitarist so I have no knowledge about this, but it just jumps out a bit.

When everything kicks in around 1:38 it sounds a bit compressed. Pumping a bit.
There's also a strange crackle at 1:39-ish.

The drum fill leading up to 4:12 seems a wee bit awkward. Doesn't quite sit with the other parts.

Other than that, I like :)

wel i gotta say i have no idea where that crackle came from but im not happy about it lol. ill fix it haha.
as for the compression yaaaa.... your right hahaha. im trying to get my volume up so i was using a mulitband compressor. plug in.. not a good idea hahaha ill take it off. hopefully that helps :)

and thanks a lot. im glad you think it sounds tight. i didn't edit anything to tighten it up because i was worried about losing feeling, so ya needless to say im happy you think its fairly tight.

Back