NEw rock song...I think I got it right....but I've been wrong before!

Not a lot of dynamic range on it. When those guitars kick in, it should feel louder and more powerful, but it's basically the same.

SC compression doesn't sound like it's doing you any favors either. There's some swish on those cymbals.

Not a lot of dynamic range on it. When those guitars kick in, it should feel louder and more powerful, but it's basically the same.

SC compression doesn't sound like it's doing you any favors either. There's some swish on those cymbals.

DITTO...........the comp is taking too much of the dynamics out. That bass is a bit weak and so is the kick. I like the vocal but the main vocal is too low..........the harmonies are fine. Of course...........just my 2 cents worth.

the comp is taking too much of the dynamics out. That bass is a bit weak and so is the kick. I like the vocal but the main vocal is too low..........the harmonies are fine. Of course...........just my 2 cents worth.

Basically, all that.

Thanks for the response guys... So are you referring to the compression on the main mix... The limiter?

The drums are not grooving. Too busy and fiddly. You need something more direct and solid.

Thanks for the response guys... So are you referring to the compression on the main mix... The limiter?

Primarily, yeah. There are a few other spots in the chain where you could be over-compressing too, but that's the most likely culprit.

Back