New Post-Rock EP mix?

zacanger

musician and audodidact
Hey folks! I don't know that I've ever posted in this sub-forum before, this is like an adventure for me.

I'm working on a new post-rock EP; pretty much done with post-production, but before I master it (probably going to use Ozone, though I may actually splurge and hire a mastering studio) and send it off to the label (Sugo), I thought I'd get some feedback. Only uploading one track to Soundcloud (I'm posting a few other places for feedback as well), but it's a good representation of the album as whole, and my mixing style for this release Any comments & critique are welcome. I was really aiming for a Pelican meets Mono sort of feel for this EP. Note: yes, the drums are distorted. One submix is overdriven (post-reverb, which was fun), and the (slightly louder) drum mix is basically clean and dry.

Thanks!
-Zac

Link:
https://soundcloud.com/zacanger/josie

Sounded decent.

The distorted guitar had a high-ish-end rattle that I didn't care for. But it sounded decent. The cleaner guitar had a somewhat inconsistent level. There are spots where it kind of jumps out.

The snare sounds like a .22 rifle, if that's what you're going for. Cymbals sounded OK. Tough to hear the kick.

The song never seems to go anywhere. I shut it off after 4:30. If something different happened after that, I didn't hear it and couldn't comment.

I got to just over 3min , JMPO but you may wanna rethink this the guitars are really bright and the distortion is annoying as TripleM said the song goes nowhere gets boring and old real fast. Sorry don`t mean to sound harsh there is something there but it needs more meat on the bone and more movement. Now it probably would be great as a backer for a Sci Fi Movie.

Back