New Original - how's it sounding?

Yeah, and that three-line response was ONE response out of the last SIXTEEN you posted in this forum! You're straining at hair-splitting and ignoring my main point, which is that you don't contribute very much to this forum. Do the math: one response out of sixteen could possibly have been construed as slightly useful. The rest of those sixteen posts is either:

* your own stuff

* superficial gladhanding

I've enjoyed giving you the opportunity to show everyone what you're about. Carry on. :thumbs up:

About sticking up against people like you. Yes. I am.

The worth of my comments is up to the poster. Not to be judged by you. You aren't the reply overseer. Get a grip on yourself pal. We have already seen how you exaggerate statements and bend them to your liking. My paragraph of comments didn't suit your personal requirements. I'll run them by you for approval next time. Do we really need to carry this on?

Look at the bright side, you got more pages of replies than you probably would have gotten otherwise. Success!

Look at the bright side, you got more pages of replies than you probably would have gotten otherwise. Success!

No kidding. I'm really sorry about this guys. I'll see if I can delete this thread. Nothing much for anyone to learn from here. Other than to reply with more than 100 words, or else...

No kidding. I'm really sorry about this guys. I'll see if I can delete this thread. Nothing much for anyone to learn from here. Other than to reply with more than 100 words, or else...

Dobro is a shmoe, and I don't know why he singled you out, but his general point is valid. There's too much look-at-me and taking in here, and not enough giving.

There's some noodling guitar or something going on in the background during the first part that either should be brought up in volume so you can hear it or just mute it.
During the louder part (chorus) the combination of guitars and cymbals is very hissy. Like your other mixes (if I remember right) there's not much going on in the mid-low and low end - the bass is low in the mix and doesn't do much, and the kick is just kind of there...

Please don't delete this thread.
It is indeed very useful.
At least it was useful to me as it reminded me why I hardly ever come around here.

Overall, I think the song and the mix was pretty good.

Many of us, including myself, do not always have the best listening environment but to judge what we hear. I'm listening on cheap headphones because at this moment this is all I have. Is there enough bottom? No, not to me but that may be due to my headphones (I know it is) and not the mix. Do I always like the song? Not always. Do I appreciate the different sounds people get on their guitars? Yes...some more than others...the point is that the songs here on this forum all present with different mixes, some better than others, but then the Beatles sound different than Led Zep who sound different than the MC5. All have value. If I have nothing constructive to say, I'll just give a general comment. If I'm listening over headphones like I am now, my comments will be generic. I'm not going to suggest something listening to someone's sweat over 5 dollar headphones.

Please don't delete this thread.
It is indeed very useful.
At least it was useful to me as it reminded me why I hardly ever come around here.

You joined 1-1/2 years ago and have made a total of 9 posts, I wouldn't even classify that as 'hardly ever'.

I'd say use less compression. When it's rocking out it doesn't sound dynamic enough. Also the guy who said to up the background noodling in the beginning is correct.

Back