a new one from the new album: "Yesterday"

oh boy....

the forum nazi is at it again!

LOL

this is a brand new version of this song, on a brand new album release.
please at least give it a listen.

others have never even heard it before.

this post is for them.

vomit,
yes, the album went out of print back in 2007.

i did a new version of this, with new tracks throughout, some new arrangements, it's a new product.

very few people heard it the first go round, so this is basically a new release.

i like to put it out there for the good people that have supported me thru the years, and have given me constructive criticism on mixes i've posted here, there, many places, over the last year in particular.

Was the old one available online anywhere for comparison?
It looks like you've tried to scrub it from the net.

I've listened to several of your mixes over the years and they always sound excellent. This song also sounds great, i like the way the rhythm section sits, everything is very distinct and well played/recorded/mixed. I don't believe you would make any changes based on my critique so i won't offer any. This sounds very professionally done to me though. Are you using a DAW or some kind of mixing board? I'm curious how you got your drum tracks to sound like they do. Nice work!

Was the old one available online anywhere for comparison?
It looks like you've tried to scrub it from the net.

of course not!

what a strange thing to say, think.

the first album, was put out on a label, Planet Records.

they went belly up about a year and a half later.

there were only ever 150 cd's printed and sold, and never any digital distribution.

but,
i'll say this.....

i'm glad you are so interested.
give the whole thing a spin, and you will dig it.

if you don't, then i don't understand what your fascination with my project is.
i'm just trying to rock out, man, and let some other people rock out too.

I've listened to several of your mixes over the years and they always sound excellent. This song also sounds great, i like the way the rhythm section sits, everything is very distinct and well played/recorded/mixed. I don't believe you would make any changes based on my critique so i won't offer any. This sounds very professionally done to me though. Are you using a DAW or some kind of mixing board? I'm curious how you got your drum tracks to sound like they do. Nice work!

alright stratomaster!!

thanks for listening and commenting, glad you dig it!

this one is finished, and officially released on the "Trouble" cd i just put out.
but i want to post them, bit by bit, to share.

more here:
new Bats Brew album....... "Trouble", just released

Drums:

those were played by Brent Dacus, a pro that lives/works in the dallas ft worth area.

they were captured by mike musgrove, at his studio, using a roland VS2480 DAW.

typical mics on most of the kits, some songs have more mics, some less...

it was a dry raw capture, brent played to demos i had previously done, and then the wav files of the drums were sent to me, and i tracked everything else from scratch.
the entire mix was done in Sonar, using various plugs along the way.

the idea was to capture as honest a drum capture as possible,
then i would give it appropriate 'room' treatments during mixdown, based on the song.

Sonics and musicianship are excellent as always. I like your vocals. This one is more laid back..sounds more like a 'filler' track - it doesn't have the bite of some of your other stuff

Good tune and well captured! Maybe the bass could come down just a tiny bit in volume. Not a fan of the high-tone crash during the instrumental part (~2:30) or the constant cymbal bell hitting at that point and at the end. - it's almost like the drummer was thinking 'I don't know what to do here, so I'll just keep doing this' with not enough variation.

Sonics and musicianship are excellent as always. I like your vocals. This one is more laid back..sounds more like a 'filler' track - it doesn't have the bite of some of your other stuff

hi bulls

glad you dig the vocals,
this was sung pretty much to match the lyric... it is a kinda of introspective,
so the vocals were approached with that in mind.

plus, it's programmed coming off of a heavy acoustic number with electric slide, and just before a fairly rowdy one....
heh

Good tune and well captured! Maybe the bass could come down just a tiny bit in volume. Not a fan of the high-tone crash during the instrumental part (~2:30) or the constant cymbal bell hitting at that point and at the end. - it's almost like the drummer was thinking 'I don't know what to do here, so I'll just keep doing this' with not enough variation.

hey mJB, thanks for listening.......

yea, i was on the fence about the bass, this is the loudest bass track of all the songs..
but i wrote this on bass, so it kinda felt like it should be the star....

Yeah, there's little energy in the vocal performance.
"bite" - you made me laugh. Well done.

BITE

LOL

well, yea, it IS a bit laid back,
it's weird, you can go into a song with the idea that your are going to make it sound 'a certain way',
but then, it just kinda goes where it naturally goes...

thanks for listening!

Cool tune! Mix sounds pretty good and even to me. The ending kind of sneaked up on me. I guess I was expecting another verse or chorus or something after the solo part. Good job!

Cool tune! Mix sounds pretty good and even to me. The ending kind of sneaked up on me. I guess I was expecting another verse or chorus or something after the solo part. Good job!

hey 7string!
thanks for listening and commenting.....
appreciate it!

yea, the ending just seemed natural to me..
it's a reflective song, it didn't need a drawn out ending,
it just need to land and give the listener a moment to dwell.

Nice track man! I haven't been on here for a year or so, and your song is the first one I chose to listen to. In the past I listened to your works whenever you posted them (I'm a bit of a fan) so was pleased to see one of your songs posted.
I didn't feel that the bass was to loud, tho I am a bit 'bass biased', I just started playing bass in a band. The last time I played bass in a band was 1969.
I am looking forward to more stuff from you.

Back