a new one from the new album: "Yesterday"

Nice track man! I haven't been on here for a year or so, and your song is the first one I chose to listen to. In the past I listened to your works whenever you posted them (I'm a bit of a fan) so was pleased to see one of your songs posted.
I didn't feel that the bass was to loud, tho I am a bit 'bass biased', I just started playing bass in a band. The last time I played bass in a band was 1969.
I am looking forward to more stuff from you.

HELLO iLLSIDGUS!
thanks for listening,
glad you like this one.....

this is one off of a new album,
here:

Bats Brew | Trouble | CD Baby Music Store

Other links:

Amazon:
Trouble by Bats Brew on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

itunes:
Trouble by Bats Brew

plus, i have two other full length albums of all kinds of rock tunes, acoustic, trippy,
there's plenty more!

coming from a mainly hip hop listener, i think the vocals need a bit more volume to stand out from the other instruments. drums and other instruments are mixed very well though

coming from a mainly hip hop listener, i think the vocals need a bit more volume to stand out from the other instruments. drums and other instruments are mixed very well though

alright nostau,
that's so cool, stepping out of the stuff you most like, to check out something from another genre.....

the vocal level thing, it's really a genre specific kind of thing....
this isn't trying to be a pop song,
and it is more a 'band' effort than a singer songwriter kind of recording,
so to me, it makes sense that the vocals are mixed almost like they are another instrument in the band.....

if you listen to some older classic rock,
say, like aerosmith toys in the attic,
or hendrix, or some zep, REM, stones..... all hard to clearly understand the lyrics, yet they sit right where they should be.

again, purely a subjective thing, not saying you are wrong, only that it's a choice with this style of music.
i can hear the vox clear as a bell, but i understand what you are saying,
especially when comparing to modern pop and /or hip hop

i appreciate the comments, really glad you checked it out.

I think it's mixed really well. The vocal levels previously mentioned are a little more "classic rock" rather than what you tend to hear in new releases.

I think it's mixed really well. The vocal levels previously mentioned are a little more "classic rock" rather than what you tend to hear in new releases.

hey docmansound!
appreciate the comments, yep, you're right about the vocal levels.
that's the sound i like, so i hope others do too!
:listeningmusic:

Back