New Modern Metal Track - help me please

stivens1991

Hi All!

I'm working of a new modern metal tone lately, and trying to level everything in the mix. Thats why I need your help people. Can you please tell me what is to improve in this mix?
I know that maybe theres too much bass going on, and guitars could use some more of mid-range, and snare is also slighty panned to the left by mistake, what I will correct :) can you agree with this? Thanks for your help!

Old School 2 by S.T.I. | Free Listening on SoundCloud

It seemed weirdly quiet overall. I guess that'd be fixed in mastering. Otherwise, nothing really leaped out at me.

I know that maybe theres too much bass going on, and guitars could use some more of mid-range, and snare is also slighty panned to the left by mistake, what I will correct :)

That about nails it. Pretty much what I would've picked out. Maybe a bit less bright/top end on the guitars. Slightly fizzy.

I loved the bass. To me it sounds like you may be using something like a china splash cymbal. Maybe try and use a regular crash. Over all I thought it sounded great and you already know what you need to address as well. Well done!

Back