New Metal/Hard Rock Tune Superior 2.0 and POD Farm

monkeymanx

So Numb MP3 Link on Soundclick

Above is the link to the song. It is called "So Numb". The drums are Superior 2.0 and I played my Roland TD-20 TDW-20 kit midi into the computer. The guitars and bass are POD farm. I've been trying other modelers but keep coming back to Line 6 in the end.

I haven't mixed down a complete song in quite some time so it probably isn't 100% just yet. My ears need to get back to what they were before.

Very loud mate. It sounds pretty well done to me except it doesn't really have much vocal variety. I mean the range of pitch.

You know, I kinda like it. Like the above poster said, there was not really a variety in the vocals, but the chorus is pretty catchy. It remindes me of a mix between creed and ozzy. I think it is well done, and there are no changes that jump out at me, though maybe the bass could be up a bit.

I think the vocals need a warmer verb on them. Not sure what the room is like that you recorded in, but it could be an issue, sounds a bit like a bathroom. I cant really hear any delay on them so throw a little bit of that on there.

Gutiars need a bit more meat - some lows. Bass needs to come up a bit.

Coming along nicely though.

I am not too savvy to what effects were used w/ the vocals, but IMO I didnt feel that they fit the song too well. Also the vocals seemed slightly off in a few sections, like around 0:36... Or the verses in general.

And the speaking parts around 2:35 did not sound convincing to me. Not enough passion in it?

I dug the music though, very nice quality.

I think I could probably adjust the dampness of the reverb to warm it up a bit. I was also thinking of upping the compression a bit on the vocals and also boosting some of the low end to thicken them up.

I tried staying safe with the vocals because I'm writing in a new tuning and also haven't sang on anything in awhile.

I think I did a high pass on the guitars at 100hz, maybe I should do it around 50hz or something? I'm not sure how much low end I want to put into them though because it tends to take away from the definition.

I think it's tough because I double all my vocals. It's just something I've always done. I think I'm going to go back and redo the stuff without so much doubling and a bit more conviction. It's tough really laying into vocal parts when you do natural doubling because you have to replicate yourself.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

I think I could probably adjust the dampness of the reverb to warm it up a bit. I was also thinking of upping the compression a bit on the vocals and also boosting some of the low end to thicken them up.

I tried staying safe with the vocals because I'm writing in a new tuning and also haven't sang on anything in awhile.

I think I did a high pass on the guitars at 100hz, maybe I should do it around 50hz or something? I'm not sure how much low end I want to put into them though because it tends to take away from the definition.

I think it's tough because I double all my vocals. It's just something I've always done. I think I'm going to go back and redo the stuff without so much doubling and a bit more conviction. It's tough really laying into vocal parts when you do natural doubling because you have to replicate yourself.

Thanks for the feedback everybody.

Okay I'm going against the crowd here. The doubling works well. I think the vocal range is perfect for the singer (you right?). You can work on expanding the range in the next song - this one is done and ready to be served.:cool:

Thanks idol. I'm probably going to move on to another song but I think this song will be revisited down the road. It's me doing everything. I've finally decided to give a try to release an album by myself doing everything. The past couple years I always ended up working on projects with other people that tend to benefit them more than me and I usually do a lot of the work in the end so I'm looking to do something for myself. I've got some tasty riffs that I've been waiting to lay down.

Back