New jazz inspired pop song called Take you away.

Good sounding song. I think the kick is a little heavy. All the instruments can be heard and are clear. Good voice on this too.

The hat in the left speaker is really sizzly and penetrating.
The kick sounds like a heavy metal kick. I was expecting the song to blow up into blast beats at any moment.

The guitar/voice/bass distinction is good even if the bass could stand out just a bit more in my opinion.

"blow up into blast beats at any moment." LOL i think I know what you mean. Actually the kick is from the pop/rock drums, but yes it is too prominent at the beginning. You're right about the bass, but everytime I tried eqing it lost that tastey bassiness that it has, so I just left it. Kick and bass drum are the mix in my opinion. Who ever knew???? Thanks for the suggestions and for listening.

Anyone ever tell you that you sound like Donald Fagan?
Really good sound. Some of the harmonies sound off. I like the live feel of the in your chest kick. Give the bass guitar a bit of that feel and I'd be in love.

I think this is a really good song
The choruses (for example 1:11 through 1:43) sound great. I think the rest of the song just doesn't need all that rock drumming. IMHO the drums - mostly the kick - step all over the instruments through the verses and guitar solo.

Back