new hard rock song

It sounded pretty cool, it had kind of a "Disturbed" or "Adema" vibe to it. I thought the kick sounded good for that style of music. The only complaint I have, and this is purely subjective, is that the bass in the bass solo lacked high end definition, if that makes sense.

Cool tune though!

thanx man. im glad you liked it. Ya dude the bass definetly needs more hi end. I havent messed with the bass alot yet. haha and that was me just messin around on bass, but i might have a bass breakdown i dont know yet.

Sounds very cool man. What did you use to program the drums?

The drums could definatley use some "humanzing", the snare makes it quite obvious they're programmed.

Where's the singing?

Cool!

The drums sound really good... but too perfect? lol.

I wasn't in love with the tone at the beginning but it gets much better later on...

Nice,

-jD

i just used sampels and used adobe audition to place them into beats. Whats wrong with the snare though, is it because theyre all the same volocity?

Sweet, interesting, catchy, dynamic. Very nice!
Drum samples into Audition? Isn't it a little too hard method?
I liked your bass sound.
Can you give me more details about bass recording (and mixing)?

ya man its wicked hard to do. but every other midi thing ive tried just seems harder. Thanx for your compliments guys. Im going to try and record real snare hits. Well for bass i use my protools digirack 002 and i use ampeg bass amp modeling plugin. It has some of the best bass sounds ive ever heard. For guitar i use amplitube and i use my regualar miced distortion with a clean amp modeling preset on amplitube.

The hardest part is getting the bass and the kick to work together. Im still in the process of that but ive lowered the low end of the kick a bit and it seems to allow the low end of the song to not be so overpowering.

Last edited:
pod4477 said:
Fro guita i use amplitube and i use my regualar miced distortion with a clean amp modeling preset on amplitube.
Could you explain that a bit better? I like the guitar sounds, just wondering what you did.

haha ya i kinda worded it a bit confusing. Well i mixed my crate amp with an sm57 directly in front of the speaker cone. Then with amplitube i picked like a clean guitar preset and that way it's kind of amp modeling my distortion from my amp without adding any extra distortion. I'm glad you like it.

not bad at all. im not really into this sort of music anymore...but this is good. i actually really like the guitar tone.

haha yah i told my guitar teacher about it and hes like what? thats a wierd way to do it. Ive tried so many things and i'm starting to like my tone more and more lol.

im workin on an updated version of this song for you guys to listen to. The songs taking a while to write because it takes forever to program the drums.

Back