New demos (Alt. Country/Rock)

I listened to parts of all 4 songs on lo-fi...the recording sounded clear and the levels seemed all right...was a little too "downhome" for me (and I live in southwest Virginia)...sounded somewhat like a group that I like called Bear Jr. (but Bear Jr. probably has a little more pop sound)...could be a market for this (since IMO today's country radio is pretty boring)...personally I was turned off by the self-glorification aspect but some listeners go for that.

Thanks for the feedback. I'd like to hear the band you mentioned but couldn't find anything about them?

The new song is up to #13 today on the alt.country charts so I guess a couple of people must have liked it. It could have been better, but it's just a demo I wrote, produced, performed, and recorded in an afternoon. I'll fine tune it before the real release. I just like to get a feel for how it will be received before I spend the time to make it right.

This one passed the test. It'll be included in some form on the new CD.

Adios! And Thank you.....

For those who can't hear it, sorry, soundclick is the only host I have. Maybe a better alternative will come along. Maybe it already has and I don't know about it?

Sorry, I misspelled the name of that group...It is Bare Jr. (Not Bear Jr.)...the leader of the band is the son of the country star (probably in the 70's) Bobby Bare...I don't know if the group (Bare Jr.) is still intact, but they have at least two albums with a couple of good songs on them ("Boo-Tay" and "Brainwasher")...I am really surprised you aren't familar with Bare Jr. because you really have a sound like them...anyway I'm glad what I wrote didn't offend you and I would like to hear more of your music as you keep developing it.

I'm thinking Steve Earle-esque, especially the first tune...but then again I'm from Texas. Everybody seems to be doing the Americana thing around here. Your voice suits the music and fits very well.

If you want a different place to park your mp3s, try nowhereradio.com.

Bare Jr. I don't know but look forward to learning more about. No offense taken at all. I totally respect the fact that not everyone is going to like what I do. Hell, I don't like it very much myself to be completely honest. I think my voice is for shit, but it is what it is and for some reason some people do seem to like it. The song is up to number 11 today. I have no idea why but I'll take it.

Steve Earle is a comparison I have heard before. I'm flattered. I really respect and like his work very much. I'll have a ballad out in a month or so that might remind you more of him. I'd like it better if I sounded a little different, but I guess it could be worse.

Thanks very much for the feedback. Good or bad it is appreciated.

Adios!

hey,

I listened to "a celebration of me" on lo-fi. Pretty cool, kinda quirky. Not what I was expecting (when I think of alt-country I think Ryan Adams), but good, chicken-lickin' fun

Back