new Boss GT-100... the newest fake amp modeler

mixmkr

we don't need rest!!
I know you guys around here like fake amps... well...here is my newest toy on guitar... Boss' GT-100 that just came out...

warning... probably a little crispy...had headphones on a looong time.... and also contains lounge lizard musix.

MP3 Player SoundClick

I popped in to hear the ampsim, which sounds fine in the clean part, but I had to turn it off when the overdriven part came in. That's some horrible clipping on the right channel, dude. Did you mix it down that way? :confused: If not - something happened between your mixdown and Soundclick (no idea what... but it's unlistenable past 1:05 or so - made my dog freak out, even, lol).

thx hippo.... check your gain stages on your playback chain and make sure you're not overdriving your inputs, etc.... No clipping on this end. The sounds is a tad crispy, and I'm sure the dog loved that!

It's definitely not my monitoring chain, bro, lol. There's some some clipping happening in the right channel of that soundclick thing after the distorted guitar comes in. I just listened again - and just to be sure, I also listened to some other soundclick samples (1 rap and 1 death metal - just to make sure I was listening to the loudest possible samples on soundclick).

You really don't hear that? I'm wondering how you can't - have you actually listened to what's on soundclick? (As opposed to your mixdown)? Each time it happens is very short in duration, but...it's bad. I'm wondering if this is an example of clocking errors that Massive was telling me about the other day... I'll ask him to chime in, but I don't know what else to say if you can't hear that. Like I said - it even freaks my dog out :)

And just to be clear - I actually do like the music, and the mix sounds good up to the point where I have to turn it off. I'm not trying to be rude or rag on you at all - there's some kind of technical problem going on here.

Sounds nice, but its quite distorted overall. I can hear a hiss over the Mix also.

The solo guitar is bit much, maybe bring it down a tiny bit and a little less high mids, also it is crackling at points.

Nice work though,
G

Back