Never Mind.....

R

RAMI

New tune. Actually, older riff. I might have sort of finished this tune a while ago, but I don't remember. I did it from scratch, so it's a new tune for me.

I did something a little differently than usual, but I don't want to influence any opinions, so I won't mention it right now. Nothing drastic, just different. :)

Opinions, critiques, and more opinions are always welcome.

Thanx

NEVER MIND (words and music by RAMI)

..................................................................................................................................

Never Mind (words and music by Rami)

Trying to pretend to be yourself a pawn inside a ruse
Starring in the roll of someone else lay low until they re-use you
Lie to you yourself and you a deal you can't refuse
It's crazy time come on so free your mind come on
One imaginary crisis from the edge

Chorus:
On second thought never mind never mind

Stare through your hollow voodoo eyes now that you've been sold
To your catatonic paradise where your demons own you
Losing all the matter on your mind doing as you're told
It's crazy time come on so free your mind come on

Chorus:
On second thought never mind never mind never mind

Chorus:
On second thought never mind never mind never mind never mind never mind

Last edited:
Background vocals sound terrific. Drums sound very good too, although I could use a little more of them in the mix. Bass is hard to judge in my room, but I'd say that you could safely bring up the bass guitar as well.

Nice song and nice performances man.

Background vocals sound terrific. Drums sound very good too, although I could use a little more of them in the mix. Bass is hard to judge in my room, but I'd say that you could safely bring up the bass guitar as well.

Nice song and nice performances man.

Hey Thanx a lot Tad.

I addressed most of those things last night, after reading your post. Turned down the vocals and guitars, which is the same as turning up the drums and bass. Thanx, man.

Last edited:
Bumping one of my songs for the first time ever. I hate when people bump their own tunes, but it looks like Ido1957 is deliberately trying to force my tune down to the bottom of the page by commenting on every other tune but mine. ( I see you, Ido...now you have to start all over again). :laughings:

It's a conspiracy I tell you!!!! :D

Did I mention that I'm playing cat and mouse with Ido right now?

:D

Haha - I was going to comment yours last to bump it up before my wife got up and insisted on watching tv - I sent her off to get a coffee on the keurig so I have some time to listen.

Nice, wide spread.
The vocal was a bit far back. The backing vocals sounded more upfront than the lead.

I'm torn on the guitar tones. They had elements that I like and dislike.

Nice bass.

Haha - I was going to comment yours last to bump it up before my wife got up and insisted on watching tv - I sent her off to get a coffee on the keurig so I have some time to listen.
HAHA! I was just riddlin' ya.

You like those Keurig machines? I had one for a while and gave it away. I couldn't find a coffee flavor strong enough, so I just went back to my old coffee machine.

---------- Update ----------

Nice, wide spread.
The vocal was a bit far back. The backing vocals sounded more upfront than the lead.

I'm torn on the guitar tones. They had elements that I like and dislike.

Nice bass.
Thanx a lot, S.

Lead vocals a bit low? I can fix that. I wasn't sure.

That riff gets a little repetitive in the long run. The vocals are (for me) being over whelmed by the snare.
The new stuff is probably the echo/reverb on the guitar lead? I like the sustain.
Yours is the only track I've heard where the bass has any highs. Are you still using the Peavey (I think).
Just a nit here and there overall another classic man.

That riff gets a little repetitive in the long run. The vocals are (for me) being over whelmed by the snare.
The new stuff is probably the echo/reverb on the guitar lead? I like the sustain.
Yours is the only track I've heard where the bass has any highs. Are you still using the Peavey (I think).
Just a nit here and there overall another classic man.
OK thanx. I can bring up the lead vocals. But then I hope I don't get into a case of chasing my tail, because the first comment was that the drums and bass were too low, so I turned them up. Listening now, I do here that the vocals need to come up, though, so I will do that. Thanx a lot.

No, the different thing I did was mic the rythm guitar with 2 mics, a 57 close up and a condenser about 5 feet back. Like I said, not a big thing, but just something different that I've never done before.

OK thanx. I can bring up the lead vocals. But then I hope I don't get into a case of chasing my tail, because the first comment was that the drums and bass were too low, so I turned them up. Listening now, I do here that the vocals need to come up, though, so I will do that. Thanx a lot.

No, the different thing I did was mic the rythm guitar with 2 mics, a 57 close up and a condenser about 5 feet back. Like I said, not a big thing, but just something different that I've never done before.

Any phasing issues? I always read about that but since I don't do it I never had experience.
And the kuerig is pretty expensive compared to brewing. Just convenient.

Any phasing issues? I always read about that but since I don't do it I never had experience.
There are surely phasing issues, but if used correctly, I found they don't really need to be adjusted. I could have flipped the polarity on one of the tracks, or lined them up in my DAW, but I figured there's no point of doing that. I'd be defeating the purpose of a distant mic because it's the phase in-coherence that gives it a sense of distance. So, I left it, but I panned the distant mic to the other side and had it about 10db lower than the close mic. That gets rid of any phase cancellation. To be honest, it was worth trying, but didn't make enough of a difference either way.

Ibanez. But I got Waves Guitar Bundle that has a bunch of bass amps and modellers and have been using that for the first time lately. I got a pretty good "Rock Bass" pre-set and then tweaked it.

I loved the song once it got going. Really like your voice and the backing vocals are killer. I don't recall whether you're a "Real Drums" guy, but these sound pretty good to me, although I'm not a fan of "pock"-type snare sounds. Only one thing I was really not keen on and that's the tone of the intro riff. That's just my personal taste though and not to say that it doesn't work or anything.

Nice one. :D

I loved the song once it got going. Really like your voice and the backing vocals are killer. I don't recall whether you're a "Real Drums" guy, but these sound pretty good to me, although I'm not a fan of "pock"-type snare sounds. Only one thing I was really not keen on and that's the tone of the intro riff. That's just my personal taste though and not to say that it doesn't work or anything.

Nice one. :D
Thanx a lot Bubba. That intro guitar riff is breaking up a bit, maybe not in a good way, I noticed after the fact.

Those are real drums. I'm a drummer first, the rest I picked up along the way, but I only call myself a drummer, nothing else. I have to say that I've been having trouble getting the same tone out of my snare that I used to get a couple of years ago. I used to love my snare sound and I'm trying to get back to that sound.

Thanx for the listen and comments.

RAMI,
cool stuff. The bass tone is very RAMI so if you scored that from a sim you've matched it well.
The intro riff/sound/style is pretty much signature Rami.
Cool & ever cynical lyrics.
Top & proper job.

Thanx a lot Bubba. That intro guitar riff is breaking up a bit, maybe not in a good way, I noticed after the fact.

Those are real drums. I'm a drummer first, the rest I picked up along the way, but I only call myself a drummer, nothing else. I have to say that I've been having trouble getting the same tone out of my snare that I used to get a couple of years ago. I used to love my snare sound and I'm trying to get back to that sound.

Thanx for the listen and comments.

I was about to come and say that your snare is sounding more like it did a while back - I really liked the pop you got from it (don't really know the right word) on She's a Rainbow, for example.

Rami I think this is pretty bad ass. Very well balanced. My only little nit is that I think it could use a meatier snare sound. This is your pop snare, and it works for 99% of your stuff, and it works here too, but this song is more rocking and a little heavier and I think a fatter snare would sound more powerful overall. That's all that stood out to me. The guitars, bass, vocals, drums all sound great. Good work!

Back