Is my mix ready for mastering?

Sounds great man! Seems to be well mixed, nice vocal work and drum patterns as well. Love the sprinkly sound you've got in there and just the overall vibe, it's nice :)

All good to be mastered :)

Good luck with it!

How much side-chaining do you have on the kick? I'd be a little concerned that mastering might exacerbate the ducking effect on that.

Otherwise, it does sound pretty well put together.

What VHS said... I work that kick sound a lot more. It's not very pleasant right now. That's the biggest issue. After that, personally, I would treat the vocals differently. I think it could be more wet with verb and, especially, delay. Too dry right now. There's also a lack of energy after that bridge break, though it's apparent you meant for the tune to pick up. I'd look at what's holding it back...

Good catchy melody though.

Man....that is one smooth production..........and one nice composition there Michael. Well done!! All of this is just opinion of course.......but I wouldn't change much. As for the kick......I think there's a sort of "conflict" between the sound and impact of the kick as opposed to the same for the snare. The deep heavy bodied snare sound almost makes the kick sound like something is out of whack with it........when it likely is fine.....although be careful as you master this as VHS says. That might mean another look at the snare if you care to.......but in all honesty.......I wouldn't change a thing. Each track is so well matched to the overall sound. That's not easy to do. Just my 2 cents and thanks for the listen.

Got it. Will listen more tomorrow. Overall sounded damn good man!

I made that link direct on your first post for you. Also cleaned up the thread a bit for ya. :)

Back