My Jazz Band's Flashy Promo Video

Obi-Wan zenabI

I sound like a total schmuck in the interview, but I had just been running cables and recording and stressing out in general...

We recorded the song first (with electric bass!) and then shot the video at the pianist's house. (Recorded piano is a yamaha cp33.) We had no way to play the original recorded track, so we just kind of went for it. The Nepalese girl who shot the video had a lot of cutting to do to make it work and this is what she came up with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MqpfbehCl4

OWz

Sounds very good, I enjoyed it. Didnt care for the camera work but I sure dug the music. :)

Dude, that's one good piece of JAZZ. I dig the portugese, singing (I'm a fan of Stan Getz's "Best of two worlds" CD). The video is pretty cool too.

One of my favorite songs and nicely played. I like the piano tone and sax lines - very Getz-ish.

i had no problems with the combo... but i wanted to pimpslap her... her pitch is terrible!!! corcorvado will never be the same for me....

demented... nail on the head. But be nice! :eek: My wife is a professional opera singer and teaches voice... even gave our singer lessons, but she quit. She's never sung before and just gives me blank looks when I talk about breath support. I think she could sound good if she put the right kind of work into it.

I bought her a shure elvis mic for her to caress at the live shows, though... :rolleyes:

I enjoy playing with these guys, though.

If you feel like listening to the rest, you can see a little of my studio and My Funny Valentine being recorded, then a video montage over Autumn Leaves. I know, not much creativity in song selection... but I'm just the bass player and engineer.

and fader-- you're right it's a "classic" video-- the "flashy" of the thread title was more in reference to the video cutting and such.

Even with youtubes compression, that sounds pretty fine...and the video is pretty cool.

Nice job, all around.

Back