My first cover song.. opinions?

I like the recording of it. Very nice the way the vocal came in nice and strong...up front...thank you for tuning your guitars!! Very little intonation hassles. They sound nice too...pleasant. Good contrast w/ nylon and electric. Harmonies could be tighter. That's all I got man!

Nice job.....
Man, those vocals are present and crisp!!! How'd you record them???
Nice recording, very well played and clean....

Nice job.....

Nice job.....

Sorry about the triple post!!!
I got a "Server is unavailaable" message and just kept refreshing until it cleared..... when it did I had posted 3 times.... We need to buy Dragon a new server!!!!!

Lol .. np.

Anyway about the vocals... It's just an SM57 throug the pre's of a tacsam

What I noticed as well, that this mic has to be one of the first that I can make my voice crisp and clean with. I own a Rode NT3, a Samson Dynamic Mike, some old Sennheiser Mics, an large diaphragm condensor, etc.. But This must be the first recording where I can get the vocal sound I like.

In the past I always used the condensors (Mostly the larg d one.) But they tend to be very muddy imo (Maybe I use em in a bad way?). However I bought 3 SM57's because I needed to do a drum recording. Now I'm using em all over the place :) I really like the way they sound on vocals and electric guitars.

Thx,

Kind regards,

Stefan

swoon said:
Lol .. np.

Anyway about the vocals... It's just an SM57 throug the pre's of a tacsam

What I noticed as well, that this mic has to be one of the first that I can make my voice crisp and clean with. I own a Rode NT3, a Samson Dynamic Mike, some old Sennheiser Mics, an large diaphragm condensor, etc.. But This must be the first recording where I can get the vocal sound I like.

In the past I always used the condensors (Mostly the larg d one.) But they tend to be very muddy imo (Maybe I use em in a bad way?). However I bought 3 SM57's because I needed to do a drum recording. Now I'm using em all over the place :) I really like the way they sound on vocals and electric guitars.

Thx,

Kind regards,

Stefan

Whoa that's cool. I am also trying to record using an SM57 'cept I'm not coming out that crisp :(

sounds great BTW!

I know this is an old thread, but awesome recording..

When you say you used a tascam, was that a us 122 or something else?

Great recording :)

Thanks,
Chris

holy shit that s tight vocals...

ii think that you jsut solved my question of wether or not to by the tascam 122

and i think i might even skip the preamp and condenser and by a 57

jeez now if i can jsut figure out how to delete the treads with my songs on em... :o

Back