My current single "Stained Glass", mixing comments?

porphyrous

Hello,

Usually I'm used to asking for feedback on generally whether or not the songs "sucks" or not. It would be great to get some feedback on the actual production and mixing of a song from some folks with more knowledge than myself.

The song is "Stained Glass". The page is http://www.ampcast.com/davidvesel

The music was arranged on an Alesis QS-6 sequenced with Cakewalk 9 Home Studio. The microphone used is a CAD 22, both run through a Mackie 1202 mixer. Sound card is a Soundblaster Live! Value. The raw tracks were also recorded in Cakewalk 9 Home Studio and mixed down to Cool Edit 2000, which was used for the post-production and conversion to MP3.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as I am getting ready to mix down my entire new album within the next six weeks.

Hi neighbor. I'm not much of a fan of this type of music but I'll say it's done well. I did feel that the hi hat was a little too busy (almost jungle sounding) for my taste. Good mix.

Not my music, but i can tell you that overall it is a very clean mix, only suggestion, lower the effect on the vocals to try to bring them more upfront.

I was attracted to your music because it's produced very much the way I produce my own.
Adding that this was done on a SB Live! makes me very impressed.

I think you got much punchier sounds going on than I get in my pieces. The heavy 'verb on that bass drum that starts it off has a grainy texture that sounds like a signal going through a tube amp in the process of powering down.

Thanks for the great feedback so far. It's rather difficult for me to judge my mix, being so close to it myself, so the fact that no obvious flaws jump out at anyone is very encouraging.

Thanks to everyone who dropped by. Even though three people actually posted comments, about three dozen of you dropped by to listen. Thanks for your attention!

i am listening at a very low volume right now, so I might be missing some details here. I thought the shaker at the intro lasted a little too long, thought my winamp crashed for a min.

I can totally here some loud distortion guitar or something to build more dynamics. otherwise it will take me a lot of concentration to stay focused at this song.

Back