My cousin is a dope artist! Don't believe me???? LISTEN

Jay V

I go by "Jay V" (of course) & this is my older cousin "Yung Kash"
As the general hip-hop community would say
"He has bars!"
Listen to his newest track & give feedback, im with him right now & he wants to get his music heard and better himself Yung Kash Songs | ReverbNation

Honestly I've never heard a monotone rapper before. He REALLY needs to work on delivery as posted above. Also I was hearing a pretty loud hiss or some type of noise on his vocal track.

Again I say read my previous post in your other thread. I am all about putting your stuff out and getting better but if you don't start taking advantage of the knowledge this forum has to offer you soon the members will quit listening to your mixes and you will have gotten nothing but a few extra clicks in your time here.

Read the comments, improve, show the members here you are listening (not me, I'm a nobody) and your music will go farther.

Yeah, there is much more that can be delivered in this genre with some time spent. I am not impressed with what is up now. That does not mean that it cannot be great.

'Jus take tyme to work it yo'.

That was not meant in a disrespectful way. That is what a rapper that I work with every week said to his little brother. He then hugged him, then slapped him like a bitch. They both laughed. True story.

:)

I've listened to the mixes posted from Jay V each time he puts them up now in hopes that he is listening to what is being said but so far I have yet to see anything but 'listen to this' and no response to any members who try to help him.

I just don't understand the mentality. Are people here getting paid for clicks? What did getting 12 members from the forum to click his track get him? How did it help? Bragging rights at school or something? If you have the balls to post up material to a group of members like we have here I just don't see why you wouldn't take the FREE help that is handed to you.

In my neck of the woods a Dope Artist is someone who's creative and uses smack.
I believe that's a throw back to the etymology of the current usage of "dope".
We could go further back to the late 80's and the term would refer to an artist who was a dope, as in someone who was rather foolish or inclined toward poor decisions based on alck of knowledge, street suss or intellegence and subsequent acts that seems to cement that opinion of the person.

In my neck of the woods a Dope Artist is someone who's creative and uses smack.
I believe that's a throw back to the etymology of the current usage of "dope".
We could go further back to the late 80's and the term would refer to an artist who was a dope, as in someone who was rather foolish or inclined toward poor decisions based on alck of knowledge, street suss or intellegence and subsequent acts that seems to cement that opinion of the person.
That would be a dopey artist.
A dope artist is the guy that designs the cartoons that appear on the little pieces of paper that blotter acid is applied to.

I like rap when it's done well. But this is not really any good. The rapping skill itself needs a lot of improvement. Try not to sound so tired, and as other people have said, monotonous. Rapping generally has a high energy to it, even if the song is slow, but none of this music seems to have any energy.

The mixing also needs a lot of improvement. The first song had so many effects in the background, it was not very clean. Most rap that I know of uses solid and consistent beats that easily punch through the mix. The vocals should be dry and and tight, probably fairly compressed. Even if the genre is rap, the music composition should still be of high priority. The only difference is you can really use sounds, and instruments to your advantage to create a story.

When is the chorus? What is the mood of that section of the song, in relation to what the person is rapping about? It can all be enhanced with good composition of the background instruments.

I hope you use the feedback the members have been offering you. It's only going to help you. And if you don't, I imagine you will pretty much alienate the people on this forum, and they won't respond to your threads at all.

I will be interested to hear an updated track, once you have put a lot of effort and careful consideration into it.
Good luck!

I like rap when it's done well. But this is not really any good. The rapping skill itself needs a lot of improvement. Try not to sound so tired, and as other people have said, monotonous. Rapping generally has a high energy to it, even if the song is slow, but none of this music seems to have any energy.

The mixing also needs a lot of improvement. The first song had so many effects in the background, it was not very clean. Most rap that I know of uses solid and consistent beats that easily punch through the mix. The vocals should be dry and and tight, probably fairly compressed. Even if the genre is rap, the music composition should still be of high priority. The only difference is you can really use sounds, and instruments to your advantage to create a story.

When is the chorus? What is the mood of that section of the song, in relation to what the person is rapping about? It can all be enhanced with good composition of the background instruments.

I hope you use the feedback the members have been offering you. It's only going to help you. And if you don't, I imagine you will pretty much alienate the people on this forum, and they won't respond to your threads at all.

I will be interested to hear an updated track, once you have put a lot of effort and careful consideration into it.
Good luck!

+1 to this

Exactly what I was going to say.

Back