MP3 site Country Songs

I listened Lo-Fi, bandwidth constaints.

The first song: With Out Love

Vocals are good, but very dry and too upfront. Are the guitars too quiet, or the vocal too dry sounding? Don't know. Bit of verb on the vocals wouldn't kill it though, the guitars could be louder in the present mix.

Whisper My Name

Better verb on the vocals than With Out Love. Prevalent hiss in the background though. It could be the mp3 encoding, but I doubt it, not sure, listening lo-fi. Again rhythm guitar could come up. Guitar is good, but the lead a little noodley sounding in parts. Set it back a bit in the mix and it won't distract too much. Bring it down in the verse and up during the sparse parts?

Wild Side Of Love

Like this one the best, again vocals and guitars a bit out of balance. Easily bring them up without drowning the vocals out. This one reminded me of the Eagles.

Anyway.. that's a lot of music for anyone to give you comments on. Maybe narrow it down to a few of the songs that you feel need specific critique.

Outside that, enjoyed the music!

Thank you Emeric, Will try your sugestions, I am trying to learn to use this 424 Tascam, How to use it,
Thank You,
Ruby

I downloaded Bud's "Tomorrow's Mysteries" and Roger's "Let Me Be Your Shoulder To Cry On"....

I picked these to listen because Emeric heard some of the others and commented, and I liked these titles....:D

Bluegrass is hard to play, hard to sing, and Bud did a great job....recording-wise, I think the back up vocals could come up...I could barely hear them...

On Roger's song, I think maybe his voice was recorded way too loud...it made my speakers pop.....but very nice playing and he too has a nice voice...

It may be that you've outgrown your 424 and are ready for more tracks....to sorta get that live sound down.....nice work....gibs

Only had a chance to listen to "By the Heart"....songwriting at it's best...great melody, lyrics and arrangement...good playing and vocal performance....the mix/recording sounded a little muddy....but the song was great! I'll have to come back later and check out more...

Thanks, MAC2, gibs, Emeric, I am going to put the tape back into Tascam 424, & try for a better mix,

some problems I had was trying to get the hiss sound
out of the mix, which made some of the other sounds not come out as good, I think the hiss came from the head we were trying to thru, one of the knobs was very touchy,we had it in the shop, but repairs of 90$ did not help,

& Bud's backup singer had a cold that night,& her voice keep breaking, but I am going to try for a better job!
Thanks for all your input,really appreciate your help,

a question! do any of you know if there is a software
to use in computor that is easy to use, to put back up music with vocals? got to be easy to use, cause I'm not
all that smart, lol,
Thanks again,for listening,commenting,
Ruby
rcamp65@aol.com

Back