MP3 file uploads now enabled

Could I make a suggestion? To up the limit now to 15-20mb? Then most MP3's can be at the highest quality.
Totally understand why we can not be using WAV's in the Clinic for size issues and various download speeds. But if MP3 has to be used, at least it will be at the highest quality an MP3 can be, and only for just 5-10mb more. Of course people can choose the MP3 size to suit them for their needs. But it pains me to export as a nice WAV file with all the frequency range intact, then down to a medium quality MP3 for people to inspect and comment. :-(

I see the limit was questioned by Greg and raised to 10mb. but that was 4 years ago...

:-)

Whats other peoples thoughts on this?

Up to 5MB. So be good!

Thanks, that's a start. How bout upping it to 10 MB so we can upload higher quality MP3s?

forgive me but how do we embed or add a song from our soundcloud page?

i know it must be very easy but i'm blanking.

thanks,

forgive me but how do we embed or add a song from our soundcloud page?

i know it must be very easy but i'm blanking.

thanks,

Right click and 'Copy' the the link at the top of your browser with your soundcloud page opened. The same place you input a 'www.blah blah blah..'

Now when you are posting in HR forums, go down to the 'Advanced' tab.

'Paste' the link in your post, highlight it then click on the Soundcloud logo. It is the last one in the list of icons at the top. It looks like a white cloud with a red background.

Submit the reply and your link will automatically have the player linked to your post. :)

When posting a reply, click on the "manage" attachment" button. Along with bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg mp3 pdf png psd txt, there is also .mp3 support now.

So just click "manage attachment" and find the mp3 you want to upload.

does this mean i don't have to go from my daw to souncloud first before i post to this site?

does this mean i don't have to go from my daw to souncloud first before i post to this site?

You don't need to use soundcloud if you don't want. You can post an MP3 directly to the site. I think the file size limitation is 10MB.

Click on Go Advanced and select the attachment icon.

Back