MP3 file uploads now enabled

Yes. It kept telling me my file was to large, but I read the post saying '10MB' was the allowed size. I was well under that. Any ideas? :cool:

Yes. It kept telling me my file was to large, but I read the post saying '10MB' was the allowed size. I was well under that. Any ideas? :cool:

Yes, you need to upload the MP3 from your hard drive. Let me know if that doesn't work.

yep. the function seems to be broken again. I just tried with a 3mb file and it failed. I must say it is buggy and unstable. I'll report it again.

Hi all - I'm having difficulty uploading an MP3. It's telling me that the file is too large but it's actually only 2.88 MB. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi all - I'm having difficulty uploading an MP3. It's telling me that the file is too large but it's actually only 2.88 MB. Am I doing something wrong?

The MP3 file upload function is currently broken. Something is not working. We fix it, it works for a while and then it doesn't work. Hence, I would suggest embedding the MP3 player instead to post music (the little music note icon above).

The MP3 file upload function is currently broken. Something is not working. We fix it, it works for a while and then it doesn't work. Hence, I would suggest embedding the MP3 player instead to post music (the little music note icon above).

What does this mean?

What does this mean?

It means that in advanced mode there is a little icon that let's your wrap mp3 tags around your tunes hosted elsewhere. The result is automatic embedding of your tune to play in the message- like soundcloud. I tend to think that this is much better anyway than uploading and downloading files.

[MP3]ssddddddsssss[/MP3]

Thanks for the explanation.

Hmm, that is a pretty cool looking little icon.

I’ll have to try that.

Okay I'm ignant. What goes between the mp3 tags?

You'd have to have a path directly to the file right?

This wouldn't work for something on SoundCloud or SoundClick - would it?

The SC link is not working with this MP3 I suspect because SC has their own plugin (not yet installed here) and they want people to use that. Or- the plugin that we chose is crap.

Can you give me a link to file hosted elsewhere to try out?

The SC link is not working with this MP3 I suspect because SC has their own plugin (not yet installed here) and they want people to use that. Or- the plugin that we chose is crap.

Can you give me a link to file hosted elsewhere to try out?

I put an Mp3 here last night --> FileSwap.com : Upload Files, Free File Hosting, Cloud Storage

Maybe one of the following will work. Thanks

Direct URL FileSwap.com : Show Me.mp3 download free

HTML Embed <a href="http://www.fileswap.com/dl/rRKEp1iO/Show_Me.mp3.html">Show Me.mp3 - 4.77 MB</a>

Forum (BBCode) Show Me.mp3 - 4.77 MB

Direct link FileSwap.com : Upload Files, Free File Hosting, Cloud Storage

The thing is...if you have your MP3 hosted somewhere already on the net, there's truly no point in using the silly little HR media-player. Just post the link and we'll listen on whichever player we personally use.

Back