MP3 file uploads now enabled

Now, that's what I call an improvement! Making good things better is the name of the game.
Some details about how long it'll reside etc would be useful though not urgent.
Thank you to one & all.

Test upload

OK here is my brother's band...I'll promote him a bit while testing the upload.

For now, we have no end date for the hosting. When and if this changes we will let you know for sure.

Hmmm...upload failed indeed. It was working yesterday!

I'll have a look.

Psycom just did a test and it is working for him. I am still having issues and it's failing for me, though my connection is not top these days.

Are you guys still having issues?

Test upload

OK we needed to change the limit on the server side....

it should work now.... (see my brother's cool song!)

Attachments

• Complete.mp3
    4.7 MB · Views: 87
i like the first couple notes the best, i thought it was gunna be more like metal, made me wait the hole song for more metal... besides that it has an almost live feel, witch makes it very beleavible. however it is a wussy girl song.

peace!

Pirates!!!

umm, i was wondering what the proper ettiquet is for download peoples demo stuff, cause i gutta dl it, it takes me 45min <modem> to listen to it, weather i dl it all or just play it via interland. and besides, i would never hook my studio puter up to the net, for fear of viruses and whatnot, so if i wanna hear the tunes threw that setup, i gutta make a disk or something... so, what am i supposed to do with it? burn the disk in 30days, cause i will if thats what people want, im not sure how i feel about it personally...

eh?

umm, i was wondering what the proper ettiquet is for download peoples demo stuff, cause i gutta dl it, it takes me 45min <modem> to listen to it, weather i dl it all or just play it via interland. and besides, i would never hook my studio puter up to the net, for fear of viruses and whatnot, so if i wanna hear the tunes threw that setup, i gutta make a disk or something... so, what am i supposed to do with it? burn the disk in 30days, cause i will if thats what people want, im not sure how i feel about it personally...

eh?

Sorry to hear you're on dial-up, that has GOT to suck. If people post their mp3's and allow you to download it, then it's a safe assumption that the poster is not going to mind if you keep it. If they don't want you to download a song, most places offer the choice to just stream it. With soundclick, you can set the option.

If I like a song and I download it, I let the person know that I'm keeping it; usually in the form of a compliment.

cheers,

What bit rate to uplaod at?... Read on - I nicked this from the ARS Technica article:

Low bit rate winner (128 kbs):

Fraunhofer. It was no contest. While not CD quality, the FhG encoder was sonically the least offensive. And with its superior measurements, it clearly beat out the other encoders at 128 kbs. If you have a tiny hard drive or a portable MP3 player with only 32 MB of memory, this is the encoder to use.

High bit rate winners (192 and 256 kbs):

Fraunhofer, LAME, Blade, and Xing (in order of preference). At the higher bit rates they don’t all sound the same, but the encoders in general were very listenable. I found the Xing high frequency measurements a bit worrisome, but at 256 kbs I thought the Xing encoder sounded as good as the rest. If you are "Napsterizing" some music, I think 192 kbs is a good compromise between sound quality and download times. For my personal MP3 CD-R disks, I encode at 256 kbs. This is still more than 7 CDs on one CD-R.

BUT - for critical listening it seems 320 is the go - the tester could tell the difference between CD & MP3 BUT the encoding was done better & there were fewer artifacts.
I up & down music at a forum called Midostouch. It deals with Australasian music only. Any one uploading music they've ripped themselves MUST do it at 320. For passed along music from another source 256 is the minimum. It may seem restrictive but the CDs made from 320 sound quite good and the point is to have music that sounds musical after all!

I have about 4 mp3's up, but cannot upload any more. Is there a reason? I've checked the file size and tried multiple mp3's.

Back