Movin On

ido1957

9K Gold Member
Posting a remix we did today. It has a bunch of vocal changes, and a lot of new plugins CA2A, Limiter, etc. Let me know what you think of this one.
Movin On

mjhamil - Lead Vocal, Bass
ido1957 - BU Vocal, Guitars
Poeticintensity - Drums

Really like the licks underneath - particularly in the solo.
Good bass sound but there's something in the bass part that kept me confused - I think it's the change between walking and emphasis but I'll have to listen a few times to find out what MY problem is.
Nice one chaps.

Thanks for the listen and feedback Ray! Let me know any more specifics on the bass lines that stand out if you get a chance.

Your mixing skills have come so far, I'm enjoying everything you're putting out.

With this one, the only comment I have is the rhythm guitar in the right channel can come down quite a bit. I think with that one adjustment everything else will fall into place nicely.

Really enjoyed the bass work.

Your mixing skills have come so far, I'm enjoying everything you're putting out.

With this one, the only comment I have is the rhythm guitar in the right channel can come down quite a bit. I think with that one adjustment everything else will fall into place nicely.

Really enjoyed the bass work.

Mike should be checking in here later so I'm sure he'll look into that. The bass is all Mike - I can't play bass to save my life lol...

Hey ido - I like that your mixes are sounding more lively and less sedate than in years past...you know, I guess maybe more organic sounding or something? Jason's drums help in that area I think.

The bass guitar is very prominent and clearly audible throughout (which I like). This hasn't always been the case, so good job there.

Nice thick, fluid lead guitar tone. I think agree with chili about the rhythm guitar level...maybe lowering that a bit would enhance the groove a bit, as it's the one part that doesn't vary much and it's pretty loud.

Yes I echo what the others have said. The right rhythm guitar is a little too up there. Love the bass. Great tone and playing. I think the drums sound small and centered compared to the rest of the mix. Great drumming, it just sounds like little tiny sliver of a drum track stuck in between everything else. Vocals sound good. I like this more upbeat style and mix from you.

Mike says he wants to re-record the bass track and we'll look into the drums and rhythm comments when we re-mix. Thanks for all the comments so far.

I'd agree with what Greg said about the drums, but I'd add that it created a fairly convincing live stage sound for me.
I figured that's what you were going for; If it is, just drop that right hand guitar a touch, maybe watch the highs in the bass now and again and you're laughing.

Vocals and lead guitar are real nice.

I listened a couple of times more. It's the space before the phrase "moving on" at around 1.10 that grabs my attention each time - maybe it me thinking what I'd play there.
I'd leave the bass as is. the playing is really good and the part is well worked out - just me as a remedial bassist playing it in my head.

Nice listen - thanks. Things s-o-u-n-d good. Question about the panning: rhythm guitar out right, but the other guitar's tucked into the center. Why not pan it left to balance the one on the right? Then the center's free for that third guitar that comes in. That bass is delicious.

Mike did a remix today based on your comments. Let me know if this sounds better (same link in Soundclick posted below for convenience)
Movin On

I think I like this mix better ido. The guitar panning has been altered for the better, and the snare comes through much more strongly now. I don't hear the kick drum coming through too well though?

Back