Most Difficult Thing In The Mixing Clinic

Of course, if someone is listening on laptop speakers it's almost a moot point, but still, it's good to take all opinions into account and compare them to your own findings.

Yeah I dunno, when I've posted stuff in the past I've always been most interested in what people hear in earbuds and cheap 'puter speakers cuz that's how most people listen to music. Not many will rock my tunes, but of those who do even fewer will rock 'em through $2000+ Event monitors.

I'm of the ilk that if you can't handle/cope with the answer to your own question then you've got two choices, a) question the answer or b) do what you're told.

You have to believe in what you do right? If I have asked for feedback and someone gives it, I don't expect them to wonder too much more about what I do with it. It's up to me. If I believe in what I'm doing I will ignore it, and well if I know I can't ignore the advice (as is often the case) then I know I need to learn/explore some more - no harm done.

Yeah I dunno, when I've posted stuff in the past I've always been most interested in what people hear in earbuds and cheap 'puter speakers cuz that's how most people listen to music. Not many will rock my tunes, but of those who do even fewer will rock 'em through $2000+ Event monitors.

I was talking about a n00b trying to learn from other's comments and compare them to their own findings.

I pay more attention to folks who post their own stuff and let the music speak for itself. I pay more attention to people who have obviously carefully listened, and taken the time to provide feedback, and personal opinion never offends me - even when phrased in terms of 'that whack ass shit was whack' or what have you. I pay no attention to people who just talk about shit, and obviously have no practical experience in writing, playing, recording, mixing, mastering, promotion, etc...

I was talking about a n00b trying to learn from other's comments and compare them to their own findings.

Yeah I figured, I was just blabbin' about what I find useful. Laptop speakers do kinda blow, but I think earbuds and desktop speakers generate useful feedback. I'd like to know what people hear in the car too, but I don't think too many folks are rockin' clinic tunes in the car (though I have a few times).

Back