Monsters EP recorded at uni featuring string quartets, steinway and other nice things

A couple of questions... what does it mean to have "un-timed" transitions? And why didn't you properly EQ (assume that's what you meant by "PQ") it before you asked for a critique?

The piano sounds a bit cheap. Missing some low end. Synth sounds a bit cheap as well. And so does the reverb.

The distorted guitars have way too much gain. They're too mushy. The vocal goes way to the back of the mix when the guitar kicks in.

I think he means the mastering PQ codes/info TripleM

Ah. Sorry 'bout that - I guessed it was a typo. I have no idea what those are, and little initiative to google it. :)

If them PQ thingy's affect the mix, then you should get'em done before posting. IMO.

Thanks Armistice.

Ah. Sorry 'bout that - I guessed it was a typo. I have no idea what those are, and little initiative to google it. :)

If them PQ thingy's affect the mix, then you should get'em done before posting. IMO.

Thanks Armistice.
Sorry I should have explained better, what I meant was, the lengths of the pauses and fades between tracks (the "PQ" information") were done track-by-track rather than in the context of the EP as a whole, so some tracks may feel like they come in a bit too soon or a bit too late, that's all I meant. Thanks for the feedback though.

EDIT: I just noticed that the soundcloud embed makes it look like a single track- it's a 5 song EP if you let it play through :)

Back