monster x remix

heatmiser

mr. green christmas
Greetings...

I posted this tune a couple of weeks ago and based on your feedback, my goals were to:

a) increase higher frequencies generally
b) accentuate the kick and snare
c) less fuzz, more crunch on rhythm guitars

Lets see how I did...both versions are included for the time being for comparison purposes...any thoughts?

monster x remix

Sounds good but there's some hiss in there. Can you clean that up with a wave editor?

Thanks for listening rayc.

This was my first time without using dolby dbx which I thought might generate more high frequencies, but seemed to generate only hiss.

I'm not familiar with wave editors. I have been mixing direct from tape to a stand alone cd recorder. I only use the pc to convert cd to mp3 and upload to soundclick.

I'm getting into serious noob territory here, but may I ask if I can use a wave editor (something free like audacity?) to edit an existing mp3 file, or does the editing have to take place before I have a stereo mix in mp3 format? I am currently unable to transfer individual tracks from my 688 to the pc to mix in a digital environment. I can post this in newbie forum if thats more appropriate.

I like it. Sounds much better balanced in the new version. There's some noise but it's also pretty well masked by the fuzz of some of the parts.

Thanks Tim...I appreciate your input.

I'm going to remove the old version, try set this one aside for now, and move on to my next random experiment...

Back