monitor limitations

kcearl

I see deaf people
time for a quicky

cant do anything with sub frequencies with 5" woofers and a 50hz floor :o I really need to buy new monitors at some point, with a sub..done this over the weekend much to my wifes appreciation ;)

anyhoo a little darker than last, and probably not as mainstream..all listens and comments will enter the participant in my monthly draw, 1st prize a new bass boom for your mums hatchback, 2nd prize a hatchback, 3rd prize a mum*

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3146805/c'est what.mp3

*no purchase necessary, prizes can be exchanged for my sister

Last edited:
Did someone say rave? :laughings:

Sounds pretty good. There are a few high frequency blips in the beginning that really go right through me. If you could somehow lower the threshold of the notes there, or even a low pass filter, it would help. Interesting to listen to.

Did someone say rave? :laughings:

Sounds pretty good. There are a few high frequency blips in the beginning that really go right through me. If you could somehow lower the threshold of the notes there, or even a low pass filter, it would help. Interesting to listen to.

cheers squibble, I did notice it came in a little bright...especially the "atmosphere" which is played backwards and causes some spikes because of that..Ill either automate a filter or (un)reverse that part

didnt lose to much of the lower end? I had to drop a sub altogether as it knocked the woofer out completely every time it came in :o

I liked the happy bee hive intro and chipmunks at the end! That can't be 'rave', cuz I liked it :) Well balanced, good job. Maybe you can show me how to use the dozen vst synths I have have with all the pretty lights and switches :eek:

:D

I liked the happy bee hive intro and chipmunks at the end! That can't be 'rave', cuz I liked it :) Well balanced, good job. Maybe you can show me how to use the dozen vst synths I have have with all the pretty lights and switches :eek:

:D

yeah not really rave..more two step D&B or whatever genre they've made up this week that I try to join in the pathetic hope of being fashionable :D

the chipmunks were destinys child...does make me smile to hear beyonce at that speed, that'll teach her ;)

thanks for listening mate

actually im gonna have to fix that kick tomorrow...listening to it now with fresher ears it sounds a mess :o

since the day i was born ive been premature :D

Mix-wise, this ain't bad. Maybe add a bit more low-end to the kick-drum thingy, for a bit more punch...

As far as the music goes, sadly, this didn't resonate with me much. Too poppy of a beat for my taste... I tend more toward steady trance... Not much of a "house" or "techno" fan, if that's what they're still calling it.

Anyway.. Good on ya for producing music this often!

Also - I really, really like that snare sound.. Lay on a thick helping of reverb, and you'd have a perfect "snare" for a more trance-like song.. (as a good alternative to the obligatory "hand clap" snare sound everyone seems to use)

Really dig the rythm ansd beat of this one, Keith, especially the dissonant parts which interact with the cute main tune. Another nice one.....;)

now please dispatch the hatchback (or sister) to the following address:............................................

Mix-wise, this ain't bad. Maybe add a bit more low-end to the kick-drum thingy, for a bit more punch...

As far as the music goes, sadly, this didn't resonate with me much. Too poppy of a beat for my taste... I tend more toward steady trance... Not much of a "house" or "techno" fan, if that's what they're still calling it.

Anyway.. Good on ya for producing music this often!

Also - I really, really like that snare sound.. Lay on a thick helping of reverb, and you'd have a perfect "snare" for a more trance-like song.. (as a good alternative to the obligatory "hand clap" snare sound everyone seems to use)

yeah Im going to cut the decay on the kick and automate it during the small build ups...didnt think it would be your bag, if you dont know electronic music it all sounds the same, but when you do know even the kick beat changes it...and you know your stuff

Ill keep that snare sample in mind...Ive got a few more tracks floating around to finish of the ill do more trancy stuff (i did enjoy making that last track a lot)

thanks for listening an commenting again mate :)

Really dig the rythm ansd beat of this one, Keith, especially the dissonant parts which interact with the cute main tune. Another nice one.....;)

now please dispatch the hatchback (or sister) to the following address:............................................

thanks Joey :) few little bits to fix this morning...meant to be light and dark textures and the dissonance is a mainstay of D&B..which is great because I can do dissonance lol

now I haven't done the draw yet so dont count on that prize...squibbles been eyeing my ginger sister for months now :D

shut up you :D

i think you meant thuper gay :D

just tweaking it a little now...fixed the kick and added more pink fairy dust, will upgrade to v2.5.1 in a bit :)

Not my typical genre, but enjoyed the listen ....lots going on listening on headphones....some of those deep diving synth things sounded real cool..as well as the intro synth...this may be something I will have to blast out in the office today around 4:45pm.....

cheers queepy...I just finished with the kick and uploaded it, dunno if im happy with it still though..fixed some of the bass sub that greg mentioned once (lol) was building up...the diving synths are a wee korg electribe, great synth for these squelchy sounds

watch you dont start drugs..this is a gateway track!!

Wow, you sure are prolific...like 2 tunes a week! :eek: :D I can't even crank out one a month.

I think this sounds fine. Doesn't move along quite as well as the last couple for me, but perhaps I just prefer the more mainstream sound? The pulse is there and I didn't find the bass to be lacking or overpowering, so that's good.

There are a lot of percussive things going on which keeps it interesting, but not as much flow or continuous energy as I might want...I dunno, my electronic vocabulary if limited to the extent that it exists at all.

Overall, I'd have to say quite good. I'd still like to hear a guitar/vocals number again - seems like it's been a while. Damn those paper-thin walls. You use the word wee a lot, which I find humorous.

Wow, you sure are prolific...like 2 tunes a week! :eek: :D I can't even crank out one a month.

I think this sounds fine. Doesn't move along quite as well as the last couple for me, but perhaps I just prefer the more mainstream sound? The pulse is there and I didn't find the bass to be lacking or overpowering, so that's good.

There are a lot of percussive things going on which keeps it interesting, but not as much flow or continuous energy as I might want...I dunno, my electronic vocabulary if limited to the extent that it exists at all.

Overall, I'd have to say quite good. I'd still like to hear a guitar/vocals number again - seems like it's been a while. Damn those paper-thin walls. You use the word wee a lot, which I find humorous.

cheers heat :)

yeah Im trying to get to grips with some sub genres..I like this one now after a few listens but I didnt at first...it doesnt call for as much variation which makes it quick, but not that interesting (and I was too hasty)

got some "space funk" coming up next (your fault)...Im at it nearly 10 hours a day at the moment but had quite a few sketches Id gathered over the last few months to expand on..thanks for the guitar and vocals request..Im hoping i can merge the two with more success now and have a portable interface do da on its way in the post so I can find some place to sing (got three finished song waiting)

I wee a lot :D

cant do anything with sub frequencies with 5" woofers and a 50hz floor :o I really need to buy new monitors at some point, with a sub..done this over the weekend much to my wifes appreciation ;)

anyhoo a little darker than last, and probably not as mainstream..all listens and comments will enter the participant in my monthly draw, 1st prize a new bass boom for your mums hatchback, 2nd prize a hatchback, 3rd prize a mum*

*no purchase necessary, prizes can be exchanged for my sister

my monitors go all the way down to 80 Hz! B gell us

the beggining made me feel all warm and fuzzy like ... christmas :o:)

I really like it:D

Back