Moment - alternative rock

Cool tune bro, sounds great. Guitars nice and clean, vocal crisp, drums sound great.

During the chorus, you should try a harmony on just "all night" (end of second line) I think it would jump out and sound awesome, worth experimenting, I kept hearing it in my head every time.

If I was you, I would put that hi-hat just off center, like 20%. I know you like LCR, but even the guys who are known for it, like Chris Lord-Alge, his hats are still always a tad off center, even though he's LCR. Either the hats are the one exception he makes, or he just keeps hi-hat mics center, and when combined with the OH mics it puts the hats a tad off-center because of the angle of the two OH mics, which are obviously hard-panned L&R. As an example, pick any Green Day tune from the Trilogy (Uno, Dos, or Tre), American Idiot, 21st Century (all Chris Lord-Alge, who is LCR, and the hats are all a tad off-center) When the hats are all the way left like that, they feel somewhat removed from the rest of the kit, when they should feel like they are close to the middle, but a little off. On a real kit, they are literally just left of the snare (drummer perspective)

All in all, great song and mix as always.

I think I mentioned this to you before, but look into the Slate Everything Bundle, you'd absolutely love it. $15 a month for every plug-in he makes. I've had it for 6 months now and it's fantastic. I also bought his VMS condenser mic for a grand, best mic I've ever owned, comes with killer software too. Look it up, it's awesome.

Sounds great. Nice drum patterns and drum sounds-not hearing the high hat very well during the chorus-snare also seems to fall away during that section. Nice bass and guitar sounds-i like the way the top end of the bass pops out during the verses. Vocals are excellente as usual, the chorus really seems to test your range but you're still hitting the notes solidly. I think the mix could be more powerful, but i'm not sure how. The balance seems good though maybe it could use some excitement in the high end? Nice work!

First new song in quite awhile. Didn't get to use my new jazz bass on this, but that'll be used in a mix soon. I'm still not sure about the lyrics in this one, and many lines were placeholders until I could think of something better ("feel good, all night", for example), but I had to go with it since I didn't have much time to do vocals the day I recorded them. Oh well.

Please share your thoughts on this mix. I tried some different things in Amplitube this time - including using only one mic on each cab. I'd love to hear what you all think about the mix. thanks!

Maybe I'll take my time,
you make it feel good all night,
maybe the moment's right,
it may be the one thing.

I took my eyes off the road.
I took my hands off the wheel.
We're sinking in down below.
I lost my place, I can't heal.

Now your face isn't clear,
I lost my mind, I was told.
I see your eyes in the mirror,
I followed you in the cold.

I LIKE IT. nice snare and guitars

the chorus really seems to test your range...

It really did. If you can pick that up, then I could've done better. I had a limited number of takes, so I had to pick from what I had. You should've heard the others, just terrible. "Maybe the moment's right" was very hard to sing, for me, at that meter and pitch. That's what I get for never singing these aloud until recording time.

I think the vocals sound modern. Reminds me of Cold Play. Did you double track the vocals?

I like the bass note at 00:49.

There's an odd little noise at 3:24.

I like the ripping guitar tones, no grating high end.

The guitar figure at 2:41 could be more presently in the center. It sounds very wide for a lead part.

I could see this in radio rotation. Sounds as good as anything I get on my local pubic station.

Cool tune on headphones. I like your guitar tones and vocals are excellent. I recall in some of your other tunes when you get to the chorus, the mix gets congested with everything fighting for space. However not on this one - you've retained the clarity through the loud stuff. Nice job

Back