Modern R&B/HipHop Song- Flex

5TARME

A little then less then a year ago I came to you guys for advise on how to start my first mix and recieved amazing advice which helped greatly.
https://homerecording.com/bbs/gener...t-song-i-wrote-called-lust-394022/?highlight=

11 months later, I am finally ready to release a song which mix I am proud of and have gotten positive reactions too. I wanted to place the link above to show the contrast between my prior attempts at mixing and my current. I've been learning how to mix for the past 11 months the best I can. Can I please have feedback mixwise, Im gearing up to release this on most streaming sites. Thankyou!

That autotune is awful. Sorry, couldn't get past that to listen to the rest.

It sounds a bit muffled to me. Like it's missing some high treble. Did you low-pass or shelf it?

Volumes sound balanced. Maybe the lead vocals are a *tad* too loud.

It sounds a bit muffled to me. Like it's missing some high treble. Did you low-pass or shelf it?

Volumes sound balanced. Maybe the lead vocals are a *tad* too loud.

Thanks for the feedback. I did not low pass it. It could likely be something on my mixbus that's causing that I will look into fixing that. I have a eq boosting 3db for air at 26khz maybe that's it.

Vocals are a bit too loud. Autotune, I understand why you have it, but you need to work on it a little closer since it is so prominent in the song. I am not 100% sure if it is the timing or choice of pitch. Hard for me to say, but a revisit and maybe some feedback from those who have a better ear for the type of music.

I don't think you are 100% there yet and going back through the song will serve your hard work well. After this long working on it, a bit more patience will be your best friend.

Not a bad mix, vocals could come down a db or so. Nice delay effects on the vocal.

A 3 db boost at 26k? That's not necessary, it's beyond our range of hearing I think. For some air, you're better off looking around 12-18k, just experiment.

I'd look at taking a db or two off of 1k or so on the vocal, sweep around with a high narrow Q and find what honks.

That background vocal that comes in on the left at the very end is way too loud and mid-rangy.

Overall, pretty close, just needs a few tweaks.

Not a bad mix, vocals could come down a db or so. Nice delay effects on the vocal.

A 3 db boost at 26k? That's not necessary, it's beyond our range of hearing I think. For some air, you're better off looking around 12-18k, just experiment.

I'd look at taking a db or two off of 1k or so on the vocal, sweep around with a high narrow Q and find what honks.

That background vocal that comes in on the left at the very end is way too loud and mid-rangy.

Overall, pretty close, just needs a few tweaks.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll go back address that tonight

Back