mixing contest?

MartyMcFly

From what I could tell about these 1.5 thingies...they want you to record something and mix it as fast as you can....
What I was thinking was skip the recording part and just mix something that someone has submitted. Could this be done? Im not sure about wheather its possible to download all of the individual tracks or not. But if it is, maybe we could try this variation...huh?

I think it would be too much trouble..

think of it... for a 24 track song you'd have to download 24 different files... if we used WAV format (which would be best) then not even high-speed DSL users would bother to compete... if we used MP3 format, then you'd have to have high-speed internet access just to compete, but then the quality of the mix would be hindered because all your source files would be in a low(er) quality format.

WATYF

MartyMcFly said:
From what I could tell about these 1.5 thingies...they want you to record something and mix it as fast as you can....
What I was thinking was skip the recording part and just mix something that someone has submitted. Could this be done? Im not sure about wheather its possible to download all of the individual tracks or not. But if it is, maybe we could try this variation...huh?

It could be done. You just have to harness it.... to channel it .... into the flux capacitor. And then.....you can say.....Okay guys... this is a blues rif in B. Watch me for the changes.... and try to keep up!

i love the mixing contests too

No offense to you gsc, but how did you come about, and reply to a 10 year old thread?

Seriously, was it a Google thing? I am truly curious how you came to post here. Hell, I might even send you $20 for the knowledge. I'm not kidding...

Jimmy

Yeah, I've done 2 at least....maybe 3, can't remember. The first one, about 6 or 7 years ago, I actually gave away some pretty good prizes. Sent one guy a MIDI keyboard, another guy a 16-channel board, and the third guy a rack mount delay.

The second (and possibly third one), the problem was that I just lost interest after listening to a few mixes. I just couldn't get myself to listen to any more. I don't know how Greg was able to listen, comment, and then really give in-depth commentary on every single mix. My hat went off to you on that one.

I'll gladly put up more tracks for people to mix as long as someone else wants to judge it, because I know I'll stop listening after about......1 mix. :eek:

I think it would be too much trouble..

think of it... for a 24 track song you'd have to download 24 different files... if we used WAV format (which would be best) then not even high-speed DSL users would bother to compete... if we used MP3 format, then you'd have to have high-speed internet access just to compete, but then...

Ahhhh, what 11 yrs of change can bring. 300mbps download, yeah baby!!!

Back