Mix Feedback Sought

Todzilla

This is a very quick and dirty tune, but I'm liking it so far.

I need to hone it further, but I don't want to over work it.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

This is a very quick and dirty tune, but I'm liking it so far.

I need to hone it further, but I don't want to over work it.

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

It doesn't sound quick and dirty to me. It sounds pretty slick.

Only suggestions I have are, A) there is some kind of late echo on the vocals, wide in the stereo field. I'm hearing if in my right headphone. I don't think that works. The more conventional, short echo in the middle is fine. B) Arrangement is kind of the same all the way through. Drums and guitars. Needs some variation, IMO

Cool direction on the mix. As much as I love distortion and pump-y compression ( and I do fucking love distortion and pump-y compression), I think ya might have gone a bit too far with it. It gets a bit distracting, especially on the drums. I'd focus on getting a bit more power out of those drums and a bit less distortion. I definitely enjoy the atypical style you're going for though.

I think ya might have gone a bit too far with it. It gets a bit distracting, especially on the drums. I'd focus on getting a bit more power out of those drums and a bit less distortion. I definitely enjoy the atypical style you're going for though.

Agree 100%. I'd even consider using that effect only during the verses, but less of it, and then dropping it completely during the chorus. I think having the chorus clean/clear would be a cool sound for this tune. Nice vocals, just too much distortion across the board.

Thanks guys!

I'm not sweating the drums too much yet, 'cause I hope to replace them with real drums. But I get your point about overboardy overcompression! And I'll play around with the vocal echo, maybe use a tape echo plugin?

I have to be careful not to overwork this and produce the life out of it...

Back