Mix Critique: "Galway Girl" (with a few punkish twists)

This is pretty cool. I personally think Steve Earle sucks but you somehow made this song palatable and make me not want to punch hillry swank in the throat. I agree with the comment above about your vocals. they could come up a little. And your elec guitars seem really thin and kind of gross. Good stuff.

Now stop covering horible songs and make something with those scratch tracks i sent you so i can say i did something.

Thanks Bomb. I am working on a few different covers at the moment to fix the weak guitars and vocals. I had another comment from a different source tell me to saturate the vocals a little bit and it made a huge difference. I will apply that little technique to some newer stuff. Kind of done with this song HaHa!

Nice to have another Albertan in the forum. This is a bloody fantastic tune - super catchy. I too agree with the previous comments about the vocals - need to come up more, particularly in the louder passages of the tune where you are competing with the instruments. Great job!

Hey. More Albertans the merrier right? (I am actually a bluenoser, but that probably comes as no surprise) Thanks for the words!hopefully will have more new stuff soon for people to hear. Cover songs, but new ones none the less!

Back