Mix Contest #9

Perdicament

At least I think it's #9 ??? :p

We need some volunteers for judging...(True can ya help out here? ;) )

I believe it's 17 tracks total... I left them as .WAV(44.1/24) files in .RAR format... the files are here:

http://www.perdikament.net/SINSTUDIO1.rar
http://www.perdikament.net/SINSTUDIO2.rar
http://www.perdikament.net/SINSTUDIO3.rar

The mix I did (if you wanna hear it) is here:

I suppose there are no rules as far as mixing goes on it...I tend to like creative mixes so feel free to add any effects.... The way I have it mixed is a pretty close representation to how it sounds live as far as effects go (vocal effects espically) but that dosn't mean that is the way it needs to be done...

the tracks are un touched...it's the raw tracks, no comp, eq, cleaning...etc..

I'll post the deadline once things start rolling...

I believe all the tracks are labled when ya un-zip them...lemme know if there are any problems....

~Perdi

Perdicament said:
LoL, well maybe we can speed up the tune? :p

So you wanna mix it, or ya wanna judge it?
:D :D :D

I will judge...you don't even wanna hear my mixing skills ...but if you ever have a reverb contest....!!! :eek: :D

true-eurt said:
:D :D :D

I will judge...you don't even wanna hear my mixing skills ...but if you ever have a reverb contest....!!! :eek: :D

Whaaatttttttttt (shwoosh shwoosh) your so far awayyyyyy(shwoosh shwoosh)...

:p :p :p :p :p

Perdicament said:
Whaaatttttttttt (shwoosh shwoosh) your so far awayyyyyy(shwoosh shwoosh)...

:p :p :p :p :p
((((((((what'da'ya')))))

((((((mean))))))​

((((((far))))))

(((((away))))

(((?))))) :D :D :D :D

So are there going to be any deadlines or the such?

Ok, here is a quick mix I did -

(ok, so I cheated - I did this a couple weeks ago - and I spent a couple hours on it) ;)

Ahh cool, I'm glad to see we've got some intrest in this so far....

I'm not going to comment on any of the mixes until the very end...just to keep things fair...

Any volunteers for judging???

Perdicament said:
Ahh cool, I'm glad to see we've got some intrest in this so far....

I'm in for sure. Cool song!
Things are slowing down for me so I should have some time to play along.

What do you guys use to unzip .rar files? I DL'd some trial stuff.

Here's my attempt. It has some issues, but I have no time.

Try1

Ocnor, nice mix man...the vocals sound cool. Sort of the direction I went. Good job with the bass. Really like the vocals. I went sort of Danzig, you have some Tool elements. Nice one. Guitars sound pretty good. Maybe they could come up a little, but the sound is good.

NL.....Good drums....nice punchy bass. Vocals are a bit quiet. Good sound on teh music side, but the vocals are a bit quiet. Nice touch with the echo. Just a bit quiet on teh vocals.

timboZ said:
I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the vocals.
I mearly used a classic chorus, to fatten them, and Blockfish as the compressor. Sent it to a Send in Sonar, to add the verb. I didn't want really fat vocals on this myself. I wanted something that cut through, but sounded a bit like Danzig.

Back