Missed Him Again. Written and performed by my dad!

jaykeMURD

I sit on you.
All I had to do with this song was recording and mixing it. I gave my dad a few pointers here and there, but everything else is his own. He played all the instruments and sang. He actually wrote the song 20 years ago, and just recorded it! Everything I've done mix and otherwise were to my fathers request; i.e. a certain effect on his vocals and so on.

This is my first real, complete mix and would like to know what you all think about it.

I'd really only like to hear what can be done thusfar to make the track sound better overall (not bad instrument performances, etc). What can I do to master it and make it sound better!?

Here's the link: Missed Him Again

Thanks! Enjoy!

Cool thing to be able to record and mix a tune with your dad... :cool: :cool: :D

Would like to hear the vocals with less of the "doubling" or effects, it's just distracting me somewhat from the song itself.

Lyrics are pretty cool BTW, it took me a while to figure out what they were about (I'm not too swift lol).

Nice panning/playing on the guitar solos.

Ending could use a bit of work to end everything together.....

Overall a good tune - pass along my compliments to your dad..... :D

Nice one!! Left panned guitar could maybe come up a tad...just a tad.

Tell your dad kudos for his songwriting, playing and overall performance.

Kudos to you for your fine job of recording and mixing Jake.

TRUE :)

Nice tune man...your Dad rocks. I think the vox could use a bit of compression, just to get them to sit a bit better with the music itself. That's about the only thing I would really pick at. They just stand out a bit, but sound well done.
Good tune overall...you both did great.
Ed

Back