🖕

The first guitar does not sound natural-like i can't imagine that sound coming out of an amplifier. I like the second guitar sound on the left, personally i would have swapped parts/tones-have the more muddy sound bolster the brighter sound rather than opposite. The last drum lick did not sound tight with the guitars. So i notice you only post short instrumental clips, are these parts of longer pieces? Or are you coming up with short pieces for specific purposes? Just curious.

:listeningmusic:
saturation plugins,

I feel like of all of those, the saturation plugin will just make muddiness worse.

All your instruments are tuned pretty bassy, which is gonna trend muddy. I like what you've got with that bassy first guitar tho.

Maybe use a higher, brighter snare to start with. I feel like that would make the mix feel a lot brighter without changing much.

I think it is just a little too much in the low mid frequency range. I might start by carving out some low mids (I would guess the muddiness is coming from somewhere in the vicinity of 300-800 and I would start by looking at the EQ curve for peaks, doing a sweep boost to find the mud and then pulling that down a couple DB).

Back