Meet Me in The Dark - HARD ROCK ORIGINAL

Yeah, I like to put a little valve-drive on vocals to make it sound better to my ears but the settings may not be right on this yet. For me it just gives it a little more grit and helps sit it in the mix better...but maybe not.

It sounds a little affected for how much you're using it, yeah.

Just getting back to this after a couple days.....been finishing one of my own and obsessing.

I dig the v7 remix. For me the ONLY thing that I still notice is the hi-hat. It's either a bit hot or distorted or something.

The bridge section vox sound cooler. I like them where they sit. Is there a guitar playing an extra part towards the end? Higher notes? Either that needs to come up or I'm imagining something there............

Bass felt better to me too.

I think it has all been said above... so I will just add... this tune ROCKS. Great job writing and performing. but yeah, please pump my sub!!

Love it!

Just getting back to this after a couple days.....been finishing one of my own and obsessing.

I dig the v7 remix. For me the ONLY thing that I still notice is the hi-hat. It's either a bit hot or distorted or something.

The bridge section vox sound cooler. I like them where they sit. Is there a guitar playing an extra part towards the end? Higher notes? Either that needs to come up or I'm imagining something there............

Bass felt better to me too.

I do have a tendency to run the Hats a little hot. I can certainly bump down a little and see if that helps any.

As far as the higher guitar parts, I used 4 tracks total. During the main runs there is a left and right playing a fifth up from the main riff. During the bridge there is a set playing chords and a set playing a little lead type part.

I think it has all been said above... so I will just add... this tune ROCKS. Great job writing and performing. but yeah, please pump my sub!!

Love it!

Thanks for the comment and encouragement! I still have to write a second verse and maybe a third. The sond sits at little under 3 min and I think I can get another 30 seconds in atleast. Are you saying that you think it needs more bass from the 7th version?

Don't lengthen it! Just finish the lyrics. In this day and age of streaming and shortened attention spans, leave it short! You'll get more plays (and replays), have a better chance of others sharing, etc.

You can always do the extended mix later as a bonus or something.

Version 7: The low end is still lacking beef. This is probably a mix area acoustics problem. The drums (especially cymbals, hh, toms) are strong at 6-8k compared to everything else.

Back