me & my cat cover the psychedelic furs

Lol, the cat noises are hilarious.

I just thought the drums sounds robotic and fake. Did you record them or used Ezdrummer or something like that?

But the mix is not bad. Its a fine mix.

Thanks guys! Yeah the drums are weak as hell - just tapped midi with some quantizing (not even EZ quality). I'll probably replace them with real drums - problem is that I can't play any better than that anyway

When the song started I thought I would like it more than I did when the song ended. I thought that the song was going to be very creative and with a strong point of view and I'm not talking only about the cat. I guess that the song caught me by surprise and I wanted it to keep surprising me.

With such a charismatic guess vocal, why did you only use a couple of phrases during the whole song???

But I loved it :)

It's purrfect. What did you have to do to the cat to make it make that noise?? Mine doesn't do that!
Only comment on the mix is that the xylophone sound is a little loud, and sort of "clinky".
I always loved that song. Nice reverby vocal at the end.

It's a great song from an almost great LP.
I'd love you to tidy it up as legit as your interpretation is quite cool.

It's purrfect. What did you have to do to the cat to make it make that noise?? Mine doesn't do that!
Only comment on the mix is that the xylophone sound is a little loud, and sort of "clinky".
I always loved that song. Nice reverby vocal at the end.

When the song started I thought I would like it more than I did when the song ended. I thought that the song was going to be very creative and with a strong point of view and I'm not talking only about the cat. I guess that the song caught me by surprise and I wanted it to keep surprising me.

With such a charismatic guess vocal, why did you only use a couple of phrases during the whole song???

But I loved it :)

Yeah - it's all could get out of him that day - he was sort of purring and cracking up when I held him up the mic. We'll have to talk. And thanks!!!

Also, I'm hearing it about the xylophone sound now. It's funny how misplaced pride can cause sub-optimal mixing decisions:

IMG_20150810_185944.jpg

I was so proud of myself for figuring out that I could put tape on a glockenspiel to dampen the sustain that I guess I just wanted to punch it up

It's a great song from an almost great LP.
I'd love you to tidy it up as legit as your interpretation is quite cool.

Thanks man! I guess i can do some real drums, maybe they'll suck less. My primary reason for doing this one was to be able to test a bunch of different vocal chains without having to torture any of my friends who can actually sing (i.e., I have to be the bozo who sings over and over). I already did about 10 takes to try out a few chains, and I'll keep going. My talent level is so low that I have a hard time repeating a performance very well, but I'm working with it. The can only did one take - a natural.

Psychedelic Purrs, I guess?

One of my favorite bands, and a lively interpretation of the song. I like it when people get goofy and have fun (unless you were being serious :)).

Daryl

Back