Manslick WTH

I really like the vocal. Performance, tone, clarity... all very good. Harmonies are super cool.

I like the tone on the twangy guitar. The chuggy rhythm guitar sounded decent, but I'd like little more distortion/gain dialed.

Bass sound was decent. If it were me, I'd roll off a little bit of the low end. I'd like a little lighter sound to it.

I'm not a huge fan of synths, but they were OK. Way too much reverb on them for me.

Real drums would be a huge improvement. They'd really raise the song a big notch.

Overall I thought parts were really good, and the song has good potential.

There's definitely a low end build up with bass and drums. Vocal harmonies sound like Melodyne-produced, rather than sung, if they're not, then turn down the tuning effect, but if that's the sound you want, nevermind!
Guitars sound good, and vocals are balanced.

I really like the vocal. Performance, tone, clarity... all very good. Harmonies are super cool.

I like the tone on the twangy guitar. The chuggy rhythm guitar sounded decent, but I'd like little more distortion/gain dialed.

Bass sound was decent. If it were me, I'd roll off a little bit of the low end. I'd like a little lighter sound to it.

I'm not a huge fan of synths, but they were OK. Way too much reverb on them for me.

Real drums would be a huge improvement. They'd really raise the song a big notch.

Overall I thought parts were really good, and the song has good potential.
Hey Trip. Thanks for the detailed review.

The chunky guitars are 6 guitar tracks going.

(2) 70s era Fender Strats + (2) Dearmond S73 thru a Cyber Twin and (2) Parker Fly Deluxe thru a Marshall.

Right now I don't even remember what I was going for except I did dial the gain back as they started to get too harry and kind of sanding on the ears.

The bass is the hardest thing to judge in my room and I did not hear this version in the car. I thought it sounded comforting in my headphones.

The synth - are you referring to the part during the last verse? If so that is a synth of female voices I used to beef up the real vocals. I fell in love with that patch.

Real drums.. yeah well I can only dream.

Good to hear from you -thanks again.

There's definitely a low end build up with bass and drums. Vocal harmonies sound like Melodyne-produced, rather than sung, if they're not, then turn down the tuning effect, but if that's the sound you want, nevermind!
Guitars sound good, and vocals are balanced.

Hey mjb, yes that bass. It's always tough to gage that where I sit.

I did tune some of the vocals with the individual pitch editor in my DAW. Believe me it's better with it applied.

Unless you mean the last verse?

that is a Thor synth patch called Femenine on top of real voices. With the other-worldly lyric right there I thought those sounds seems appropriate.

Appreciate the comments.

Hey mjb, yes that bass. It's always tough to gage that where I sit.

I did tune some of the vocals with the individual pitch editor in my DAW. Believe me it's better with it applied.

Unless you mean the last verse?

that is a Thor synth patch called Femenine on top of real voices. With the other-worldly lyric right there I thought those sounds seems appropriate.

Appreciate the comments.

I have the same problem with some bass tracks, obviously a null in my listening room, need to check with headphones on occasion.

On the vocal tuning, no issue with just tuning (I do that whenever needed), it sounded like some parts were changed to harmony parts, rather than just tuning. It just might be your plug-in's sound.

+1 on the bass build-up. It's not harsh or unpleasant, but there's a lot of low-end going on.

Vocals sound good. The choral "oohs" are very clearly a pad, but I don't think that really matters. They don't sound like they're trying and failing to be human.

+1 on the bass build-up. It's not harsh or unpleasant, but there's a lot of low-end going on.

Vocals sound good. The choral "oohs" are very clearly a pad, but I don't think that really matters. They don't sound like they're trying and failing to be human.

Thanks for the spin VHS. I use Morph the Cat as my reference track. I guess we both like big bottoms.

On cans the bass build up works pretty good. But one a full stereo, little bit much. But not over the top.

I think everything else sounded fine.

if you here a difference between your mix room and other places i' d suggest room treatment. bass traps, corners ,etc. i thought the song/mix was good

Thanks DM60. I'm gonna take a listen to this in my car.

I think it is so little, if I hadn't read about it, I probably wouldn't have noticed it. That is why I switched to the larger speakers. To check if I could hear the same thing.

I think it is so little, if I hadn't read about it, I probably wouldn't have noticed it. That is why I switched to the larger speakers. To check if I could hear the same thing.

I'm glad you did. In the car today, with it up loud, I hear a big build up when the bass note plays the low C#. The drum track has it too on the low tom runs.
I'm going to see if I can tame that without losing too much meat in the bottom.
Many thanks to you and everyone else

Back