Mad Dog World

I don't comment on your songs much anymore because you've got them dialed in pretty good and there's never much I can contribute. Still listen to most of them, though.

This one is pretty good, probably not my favorite Rami tune, but that's okay, you've got a huge catalog to choose from....

I think the vocals can go either way; leave them alone or lower them a bit. At first they seem to be too upfront, but later on they sit comfortably in the mix. I'd say a little automation. Bring the vox in softer in the beginning and as the song builds bump it up to where it is now.

Cool man!!! :cool:

That's an angry slide - cool.
Vocals are a tiny bit too loud I think - not by much but def. a tiny bit aggressive in my headphones in the chorus.
I love the segue into the solo from the chorus - clever and cool.
Good lyrics - a dystopian world is a Rami signature these day - could have fitted, lyrically, into Diamond Dogs.

Cool tune, RAMI. I like the guitar interplay you have going.

I am finding that the snare seems to have an awful lot of fullness and body to it, mostly coming from a prominent low mid focus. It has a pretty pleasing tone, but I can't really shake the sensation that it might serve the song a little better with a lot more crispiness to it. Somewhere around 3k or maybe a bit lower. Pretty liberal amount too. If you like where it is sitting for the song, never mind, but the reason I am thinking this way is because you already have a lot of lows and low mids in this mix with the guitars and bass.

I think the vocals are within a reasonable range. You could leave them where they are or drop them slightly, but not by much. They are working well as prominent as they are.

Nice vocal harmonies. Cool slide work. I'm really liking where the kick is sitting too. Nice balance of attack and thump.

There is a tiny click in the audio at 3:14.

Sounds like there's a tuning issue between the guitars and bass in the intro and the breakdown. Just the parts where the backing guitar plays against the bass.

I think the vocals are fine where they are, they could even use a little automation or compression boost on the lower notes. Definitely not too loud to me. Very good vocal performance on the lead and backgrounds.

I like the guitar tones and the layering of the different guitar textures. Drums sound good to me overall, especially the overheads. I like the snare quite a bit better than your previous higher pitched one. Have you tried giving it a little compression? Curious how it'd sound if it were a little thicker in the mix, but not necessarily louder.

Lots of interesting things going on in the stereo field, I'm always a fan of using the whole spread. Great song too, it's good to see a new original from you.

I liked the intro guitar, it sounded out of tune, but intentional. I think this has a cool vibe.

More of a production comment, but your vocals feel too clean for this song. Example, the chorus could be, a high EQ (kind of like a bull horn) and some over saturation (something to make them sound different), leave the background as is. I just think this has such a cool under belly that the vocals are not complimenting the song. They are good, so I am not saying theyare bad, they just aren't pushing this song over the top.

Cool tune either way.

I was thinking the background vocals stay where you have them and the lead vocal (or just one of the prominent vocals part) gets the treatment. Something that counters the other vocals. But that is an agonizing decision and not a quick change for sure.

Yea, and what I am suggesting is such a personal thing. It could make the song great or make it suck, not an easy decision. But it is a killer song, great lyrics, great instrument sounds, it has all of the ingredients.

sounds great as usual ...... whichever mix I'm listening to right now has the vocals about right .... if anything they MAY be a tiny bit low in spots ...... gits sound good and rumbs too. Nice ........ like always.

The intro part does sound a little out of tune. Vocals are good level but there are just a few spots where they drop out a tiny bit.
I'm listening on crappy laptop speakers so no bass but the snare is a little hot, in relation to the whole mix. It's mainly apparent when you stop singing, there's not enough balancing it out. Take into consideration my crappy speakers though :)
I love the overlapping vocals!!! Playing and singing is as always top notch. Minor nits really, the song is rockin man!

Thanx a million, Fishy. I totally get where you're coming from about the snare in context with the rest of the tune. But I really like this snare sound. It has the pop I usually like to have, with a lot more body. I worked hard to get this sound and nobody's going to take it away from me. :D

No but seriously, it's a generally dark and aggressive song. I'm not sure if a "poppier" or brighter snare would work for me in this one.

Always appreciate your comments alot. :cool:

For sure, man. I like the tone as well. It's extremely "solid". Just took another listen. I like this more each time I hear it. I'm not getting an out of tune sense from anything. To me, there is a slight discordant feel here and there, but it works and it is a big part of the dirty charm of the tune. I'll reach through the internet and fuck with your DAW session if you try to change any of that. Being an evil computer scientist has it's benefits.

Back