Low Low Rider

holy crap there was some SERIOUS wailin on there....YES!!!!.i lovce this song so really as long as you didnt turn it into a rhumba or something its cool w/ me..i thought the levels were really good on this every thing sonded clear had its own space..(im raelly talkin outta my ass here)...im no engineer but the shredin was kick ass,...every once in a while i could hear that little acoustic part ..but who wants to listen to that crap when you can hear..lick after lick of lead..lolum on my comp it skipped at 4:13 but thats about it...i like the drum fill fade out too.. this screams..DRIVING WHILE LISTENING LOUDLY....

awesome

jamal

(wow i am a really crappy typer lol)

Nice cover and Mix.Your friend has some pretty good chops on the geetar.I like the bass line you laid down.It's solid/steady and there.Nice percussion stuff too to kinda give it that original flavor that War had......nice little drum breakdown at the end.

Cool tune.:)

Hey, that's a really nice version.

I kind of surprised me that it was 'instrumental-only', but it holds up well, particularly because the lead guitar is really good.

If that's mecha-drums or drag & drop drums, then that's pretty impressive. How 'bout the congas,... live or programmed?

Good song, good production value, rocks really well throughout.

No criticizm here!;)

so....where are the 3 octave runs with 128th notes? (no hammer-ons now!!)

nice gtr sound, I'll admit. must be a POD:p

seriously....fun jam.

Great guitar sound .... took me back to the days in the late 80's when I was playing in a band. Turn it up, turn it up ! At one stage we were drawing complaints from the neighbours for our band practices ! on a sunday afternoon !! Lots of fun

You really must add some vocals. Some tuneful groans and screams would do nicely ;)

Thanks for all the nice comments.

nice gtr sound, I'll admit. must be a POD

That was some weird guitar that he just got the day before through my friend Brett's Marshall with a 57. Really lite verb on the whole tune.

If that's mecha-drums or drag & drop drums, then that's pretty impressive. How 'bout the congas,... live or programmed?

everything on here is 100% real. I actually played my bongos with drum sticks. They sounded cool but afterward they were pretty thrashed.

Sabbath.... thanks! What did you smoke? :D

Mixmkr.... Sorry to let you down bud!:) I'll put some more notes in there for ya!!

Hey RF........
.........CCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccoooooooooooooollllllllllll!!! pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffttttt.........(takes a long toke off of sam's "smoke") There are songs that sound fine with a simple repeating bass line and this is one of them. I would have liked to have heard a bit of a less-metal-sounding guit. tone, but it sounded cool enough. Do your best Cheech impression and throw down some vocs on that bad boy:D :D nice work G

What can a guy of limited vocabulary say? What is the utmost compliment? Oh yeah... FREAKIN' AWESOME!!! :) I've always loved this tune, the rap version that some low-rent rappers did a few years back, and your version. I could play this on continuous loop! (Whoa... not quite, but almost)... cool drum breakdown...

Your avatar looks like its groovin' to the beat. Really cool cover :cool: :cool:

Chad

Great job!

One of my favorites,you guys definitlaty nailed it!

You should try the vox,just do your best bear growl and eat the mic,you can't miss!:D

Cool!

Best to you,
Pete

There are certain songs that everyone just knows and this is one of them. I like the mixture of styles here. The rhythm is true to the original while the shredding brings me back to my teenage years when metal lead guitarists RULED!! Yes kiddies I am talking the 80's here. Anyway I love it, nice and clean everything sits well!!

Take a little trip, take a little trip....
The King

There's really nothing else you could have played on bass. That's why the original doesn't do anything else either. Your friend has good chops and, of course after time frenzy I know you do too. You're clearly gonna be worth watching for. ;)

Lt.,

I appreciate that very much..... I'm having a baby in about a month (my first)and My friend is coming to the "baby party". I'll have to let him read these posts. He will be awe inspired by all you guys!
Thanks,
:)
RF

really...I had to come back.

because....

the tone speaks for itself.... It's ALL about the tone.....

damn those Marshalls and 57's!!!

(and I thought it was a POD:rolleyes: :D :eek: :D :D :D :D )...

NOT!

(but it could been;) )

Hey RF,

Great job. Bass is fine and the percussion really captures the original feel (a few more cowbells maybe?). I always liked the original and then ZZ Top did an excellent cover. The best I ever heard was a version by Joe Satriani that was just unbelievable. I searched napster high and low but never did find that sumbitch (I think it was on a movie soundtrack or something...hell I'd pay if I could find it!). Sounds like you guys have heard that version too!

How do you feel about e-mailing me an mp3?

lou

Great version, Rush... Everything sits so well in the mix. Great playing all the way around... Loved the ending, where the drums open up! :D

Back