lover

I'm not going to go and listen to the actual tune because I could be way off on this, but I think the first second of this reminded me of the theme from "Night Court".

Ok, I went and listened to it. Maybe it was just the tone of the bass. Anyway...

You've got a great voice and this is not the first time I've heard you do the white-guy version of "scatting" with it. It works. Kudos to whoever did the percussion, too.

Ironic that one of the more cerebral guys on here is singing lyrics that almost make you sound mentally-challenged (though in a fun way). It sounds good, though, and I can appreciate irony, unless it's some twenty-something jerkoff in Brooklyn wearing a mustache and a fedora because he thinks it doesn't fit with his situation. That ain't you, though. Nice work.

.....I've posted a third version with the 'saints go marching in' lyrics so that you can hear it in its original intention. Which do you prefer?

I think i liked version 3 the best. The rhyme and rhythm of the lyric seemed to fit the music better. The subject material seemed a bit more apt too, lover songs always seem a bit too serious.

Sorry it took a while to answer you, but my road was flooded and i was cut off from home for a couple of days - guess that's what you get for living in a creek :facepalm:

Can't offer any help here... Just wanna say that's one of the coolest tunes I've ever heard! Love the last the best. Thanks for sharing it!!!

radio

The guy in the bongo video was cool, so passionate and dead right on the improvement!

I love your track for it's uniqueness and originality, I can't get enough of that. I also really like your use of the guitar in this song, added interest sonically and rhythmically. Not a big fan of the vocal style, but your voice is very good and the mouth trumpet quadruplets? were amazing! I usually seek a more defined bass because that's my taste, but it did show up better in the new versions, and the overall sound gels so no complaints. Great job!

Why do you live in a creek, if the answer to that question isn't inconvenient?

Well the whole district is called kobble creek, and my place is built overhanging a seasonal waterway that feeds that creek. 'In' the creek may have been a dramatic overstatement, but not too much of an exaggeration. A picture may speak a thousand words here...
IMAG0482.jpg
That's my studio.... as to why i live there, well i guess i'm just a bit strange that way :eek:

Last edited:
Yes, 'perched dramatically, scenically and quite possibly pleasantly over a creek' would have been more accurate I suppose. 'In a creek' was better. I shouldn't have asked. :D

Listening to the 3rd mix.

This is the best recording, performance and mix I've heard from you dobro. I have no idea what the song is about but it has a great groove, tempo and everything works really well, for me. Love the Mouth Trumpet solo. The whole vibe reminds me of Harry Nilsson somewhat.

I'm sure everyone else has covered the ins and outs of the mixes. I just wanted to say I think it sounds great.

Top stuff :thumbs up:

Back