Love Again

billy98111

I wrote and recorded this song and need some input (good and bad). It's hard to find people with an honest and expert opinion concerning my songs. Thanks!

I found it strange how the vocals seem to trail off to the right, something in the doubling effect you're using. Panning is always a personal choice, but I found the extreme-panned strings not to my liking. At 3:40 or so, when it goes to the acoustic guitar and background stuff, the overall volume gets too low

I have to agree with MJ, I like wide, but it didn't seem to work on this for me. I think some bottom up the middle would give it some great support.

Not sure how long you've been doing this, but it is a good first post.

Thanks for the comments. I tried putting the strings and light bass sound in the middle of the mix but it very muddy even after messing with the EQ so maybe I should consider someone remixing it sometime to get another perspective on it. I didn't notice the vocals panning strangely until you mentioned it but it's probably because one half of the stereo image is a Rhode condenser mic and the other half is a dynamic stage mic. I think I just need more consistency when singing and to monitor the volume on each track better.

If you used two mics (and one is panned left and one right) that wouldn't account for the doubling effect unless you delayed one, or applied different FX to each.

Back